It is officially Easter Brunch Week! For the next week I am teaming with a troop of blogger friends to share our best brunch recipes to inspire your Easter menu! We are working with an awesome team of sponsors, and I can’t wait to share a load of tasty recipes with all of you.
Today, I am working with Rhodes Bake-N-Serv® to bring you my Monte Cristo Cups! Rhodes Bake-N-Serv® is a family business dedicated to producing home-baked quality frozen bread and roll dough, frozen sweet rolls and partially baked frozen rolls. I am using Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls for the base, followed by a little ham, Gruyere cheese, and an egg with a nice runny yolk. Typically, a Monte Cristo is a sandwich, but why not switch things up, add an egg, and make delicious little breakfast cups!
These cups are a breeze to put together, and the flavors are delicious! The cinnamon roll adds a little sweetness, and works perfectly with the savory ham, cheese, and egg. I made a batch of these and my kiddos love the savory and sweet combo- perfect when you just can’t decide!
Follow me on Twitter for more tasty happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Here are some fantastic tool to get you started on this recipe!
It is almost impossible for me to resist a runny egg- so much sweet and savory wrapped in a little bite!
Looking for more delicious brunch ideas? Of course you are!
Monte Cristo Cups
- 5 Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls
- 5 slices of deli ham
- 5 tbsp shredded Gruyere cheese
- 10 large eggs
- Cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls in half. Work the dough into a disc. Place the disc in the muffin tin and press the dough up the sides of the muffin tin.
- Cut each piece of ham in half. press the ham into the sides of the dough inside the cup.
- Place a 1/2 tbsp of cheese in each cup.
- Crack an egg into each cup. Top with cracked black pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!