Weeknight White Chicken Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, finely chopped
- 63.2 oz canned great norther beans, drained and rinsed (4 cans)
- 3 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- 7 oz can mild diced green chilies
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup beer (I recommend a lighter beer)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Optional Toppings: Chopped Cilantro, Sliced Olives, Soft Tortillas, Shredded Cheese, and Sour Cream
In a soup pot, saute onions and poblano in olive oil till tender. Add remaining ingredients. Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Heat soup to medium high and allow it to lightly simmer for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend together.
To serve, place a tortilla in the bowl, if desired, and ladle in the soup. Top with desired toppings and enjoy.