#Choctoberfest 2018 is going strong and I am so excited to share a fun Halloween treat with you. This treat features a product from one of our sponsors, Sprinkle Pop.
Are you a sprinkle lover? Do you love beautiful treats, bright colors, and festive decorations? I was able to choose an assortment of sprinkles from Sprinkle Pop for #Choctoberfest, and it was hard t pick- this company creates the most beautiful blends of sprinkles. Sprinkle Pop can even create custom sprinkle blends, dyed in house to match any idea you may have. If you can dream it, they can create it as a sprinkle mix.
These are just so stinkin' adorable, and I was thrilled to have the chance to select a few of own to share with you! I wanted to make a Halloween themed recipe to showcase my sprinkles, and I selected, Monster Mashup, Pumpkins, and Bats.
Using all three of my sprinkles I made a treat perfect for your Halloween party table- Monster Mash Chocolate Bark. This bark is inspired by the Monster Mashup sprinkles, and is a colorful spooky and sweet bite to celebrate Halloween.
I channeled the different colors in my sprinkle mix while creating this bark. I used a semi-sweet and white chocolate base, and swirled in purple, green, and orange candy melts to create a colorful, festive, and monster filled chocolaty treat.
If you look closely you can see all of the fun mix-ins like ghosts, gray monsters, pumpkins, and eyes. I also used the pumpkins and bats because what would Halloween be without them!?
My children were thrilled with their spooky bark, and I loved the whimsical sprinkles and their inspiration for this dessert. A plus of this recipe is that it can be frozen after the chocolate hardens and it is broken into pieces. I made extra bark, and plan to serve it to the kiddos in their party goodie bags for my son's Halloween party- I know it will be a hit! My kids loved searching their pieces of bark for all the hidden pumpkins and ghouls. It was so fun to watch them get excited and playfully pop a ghost into their mouths.
Another giant thank you to Sprinkle Pop for introducing me to their product and allowing me to share it with all of you! Visit Sprinkle Pop on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram (their Instagram stories featuring sprinkle mixing are amazing).
Monster Mash Chocolate Bark
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup orange candy melts
- ⅓ cup purple candy melts
- ⅓ cup green candy melts
- 1 oz Sprinkle Pop sprinkle mix (I used Monster Mashup)
- 6 sets large candy eyes
- 8 sets small candy eyes
- Place each type of chocolate chips or melts into microwave safe bowls.
- Beginning with the semi-sweet chocolate, microwave on 20 second intervals stirring in between. When chocolate is melted and smooth spread it on a baking sheet.
- Repeat process with white chocolate. Swirl the melted white chocolate into the semi-sweet. Make sure you do not mix too much so the colors are still separate.
- Repeat melting process with candy melts and gently swirl them into the semi-sweet and white chocolate individually. Again, make sure that you are not over mixing. This can be accomplished by spacing where you swirl each color.
- Top the chocolate with sprinkles and place the sets of eyes.
- Store in the fridge until they chocolate is set and hard. Use a spoon or butter knife to crack the chocolate into pieces. Store in the fridge (or freezer) in a sealable bag till you are ready to serve.