A twist on traditional deviled eggs! Sour cream and chive adds another level of flavor to a party favorite!
Today, I am joining with a few blogging friends to bring you portable picnic recipe! April 23rd is National Picnic Day, and these Sour Cream and Chive Deviled Eggs are a perfect addition to any picnic basket.
I am a big fan of deviled eggs, and this is the perfect time of year to try new variations because many of us have a few dozen hard-boiled dyed eggs hanging out in our fridge! I love a traditional deviled egg, but one of my favorite flavor combos is sour cream and chive. I figured, why not try it on a deviled egg. I use a pretty basic recipe that is close to my traditional recipe, but I add a little sour cream, fresh chives, and onion powder to the mix. These eggs are so good- the flavor is not far from a traditional deviled eggs, but the sour cream adds more creaminess and the fresh chives are zesty and a great addition!
Follow me on Twitter for more tasty happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Pinterest Instagram Facebook Twitter
Portable Picnic Food
- Beauty and the Beat Rose Apple Tart by Simply Inspired Meals
- Carrot Kohlrabi Coleslaw by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Pan Bagna by Our Good Life
- Peach Crumble Bars by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Sour Cream and Chive Deviled Eggs by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Spring Smörgåsbord by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Summer Pasta Salad by Sweet Beginnings
- Tuna Antipasto Salad by Art of Natural Living
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Here are a few helpful products to help you get started on your eggs!
Dash Rapid Egg Cooker- this gadget is amazing!
Looking for more delicious deviled eggs recipe:
Sour Cream and Chive Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 2 ½ tbsps mayo
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh chives, plus extra for topping
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place into a bowl.
- Add mayo and sour cream to the egg yolks. Beat yolks with a hand mixer so they become light and fluffy. Add chives, salt, pepper, and onion powder
- Transfer egg yolks to a plastic resealable bag, and push mixture into the tip. Cut the tip and gently pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg halves.Transfer eggs to serving tray, and enjoy.
Simply Inspired Meals
Your right, sour cream and chive is a great flavor combination. Great idea to use it in deviled eggs.
Inger @ Art of Natural Liivng
Can you believe I only have one deviled egg recipe (with feta)? This looks like a perfect addition to my collection with the great flavor combo!
I'm not a huge deviled egg fan but I love the addition of sour cream and chives...I could get behind these!
Looking different I will try this out.
I like the addition of sour cream and chive, this make deviled eggs more special, Great for mother's day brunch.
Liked the addition of sour cream here, it must have given a nice unique flavour. Lovely clicks.
hmmm I think it is will b a nice recipe and my kids enjoy this
Deviled eggs are synonymous with picnics! There's so many delicious varieties. These look perfectly creamy and delicious.
I love Eggs Recepie and your sour cream recepie is amazing and i'm gonna try this and i'm sure my family gonna love it waiting for your next posts