A twist on traditional deviled eggs! Sour cream and chive adds another level of flavor to a party favorite!
Today, I am joining with a few blogging friends to bring you portable picnic recipe! April 23rd is National Picnic Day, and these Sour Cream and Chive Deviled Eggs are a perfect addition to any picnic basket.
I am a big fan of deviled eggs, and this is the perfect time of year to try new variations because many of us have a few dozen hard-boiled dyed eggs hanging out in our fridge! I love a traditional deviled egg, but one of my favorite flavor combos is sour cream and chive. I figured, why not try it on a deviled egg. I use a pretty basic recipe that is close to my traditional recipe, but I add a little sour cream, fresh chives, and onion powder to the mix. These eggs are so good- the flavor is not far from a traditional deviled eggs, but the sour cream adds more creaminess and the fresh chives are zesty and a great addition!
Follow me on Twitter for more tasty happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Portable Picnic Food
- Beauty and the Beat Rose Apple Tart by Simply Inspired Meals
- Carrot Kohlrabi Coleslaw by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Pan Bagna by Our Good Life
- Peach Crumble Bars by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Sour Cream and Chive Deviled Eggs by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Spring Smörgåsbord by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Summer Pasta Salad by Sweet Beginnings
- Tuna Antipasto Salad by Art of Natural Living
Here are a few helpful products to help you get started on your eggs!
Dash Rapid Egg Cooker- this gadget is amazing!
Looking for more delicious deviled eggs recipe:
Sour Cream and Chive Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 2 ½ tbsps mayo
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh chives, plus extra for topping
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place into a bowl.
- Add mayo and sour cream to the egg yolks. Beat yolks with a hand mixer so they become light and fluffy. Add chives, salt, pepper, and onion powder
- Transfer egg yolks to a plastic resealable bag, and push mixture into the tip. Cut the tip and gently pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg halves.Transfer eggs to serving tray, and enjoy.