Toll House Cookie Pie is a back pocket pie that you need! All the ingredients can be kept on hand for those times you need a quick dessert- or you need a sweet treat!
Mother's Day is coming up next month, and I love to make a sweet treat for my mom and sister to celebrate. This Toll House Cookie Pie is a perfect recipe to share to make the mothers in your life feel extra special. I love the simplicity of this recipe, and I almost always have all the ingredients on hand at home. The beauty of this dessert is it takes one mixing bowl, a frozen pie crust, and an oven that separate you from a warm slice of cookie with a nice scoop of cream vanilla ice cream on top. The butter in the pie allows for a nice crisp top to cover a chocolaty and gooey cookie underneath. So delicious!
One question I get on this pie is "can it be made without nuts", and it absolutely can. I typically make two pies when I make this- one with nuts and one without nuts. I will say that the pie without the nuts does not rise as high, but it is just as delicious.
Follow me on Twitter for more tasty happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Here are a few things to get you started!
I love having different types of dessert plates and pans. I can be indecisive about how I want to serve something, and options are my friend. I also really love the pie carrier I linked above because it is so nice for transporting if you are given the dessert job for some type of gathering.
Need more dessert options? I got you covered!
Toll House Cookie Pie
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie shell, thawed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts
- Ice Cream or Whipped Cream, for topping
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Place the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Beat on high speed till foamy. Mix in the butter, flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. With a spoon, stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour evenly into the pie shell.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. To test if the pie is ready to leave the oven, insert a knife halfway to the center and it should come out clean. Remove from oven and cool. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
This post contained affiliate links.