These chicken teriyaki sandwiches are shredded, slow cooked, flavorful, AND topped with a spicy pineapple slaw! Perfect for a family gathering!
Mother's Day is fast approaching and what better way to celebrate than with a giveaway and a delicious recipe.
Today, I am sharing my recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Sandwiches with Pineapple Slaw. These sandwiches are so easy to put together, and perfect for family meal. Typically, my family liked to celebrate Mother's Day with a brunch and later an easy meal so that we we can spend time with the kiddos outdoors. These sandwiches work great for a when I need a meal for a crowd.
I start my chicken in a simple sauce of honey, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, and a little hot sauce. I let the chicken slow cook, shred it, and top it with a simple 4 ingredient coleslaw.
Since the winner of the giveaway will win a KitchenAid Classic Series Stand Mixer, I figured this was a perfect time to revisit my favorite chicken shredding method- my stand mixer. I love the use my KitchenAid mixer to shred chicken I find that it is the easiest method, and results in perfectly pulled chicken. I opt to use a paddle attachment, and the chicken shreds so easily!
Check out my post for Instant Pot Cola BBQ Chicken for my video demo of shredding chicken using my stand mixer. If you haven’t started shredding your chicken with your mixer give it a try!
I am lucky to be joined by my blogging friends to share recipes inspired by Mother's Day- check them out below!
So, to recap a few details on the contest (Enter at the bottom of the post!):
- One winner will get KitchenAid Classic Series Stand Mixer (winner chooses blank or white).
- Open world-wide to readers who are 18+ except where prohibited. If the winner is not from the U.S., they will receive an Amazon gift card in the value of the mixer to order themselves.
- The giveaway runs from 12:01 am on May 1 to 11:59 PM on May 12. All times are in EST.
Here are a few suggestions to help you get started with your sandwiches!
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Looking for more delicious slow cooked favorites?
Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Sandwiches and Pineapple Slaw
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅔ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 3 ½ cups coleslaw mix
- ½ cup mayo
- ⅔ cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 ½ tsp spicy chili garlic sauce (like Siriracha)
- For chicken, place chicken in the slow cooker. In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, ginger, garlic, onion powder, honey, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and water. Pour over chicken, Cook on low heat 6-7 hours.
- When chick is done cooking remove from slow cooker an shred. Place chicken back in the slow cooker, and set to keep warm.
- Place all slaw ingredients in a medium bowl and gently stir until evenly mixed.
- Place chicken on a bun and top with pineapple slaw. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links