Last week I announced that I am going to share my favorite favorite non-transitional uses for my KitchenAid mixer because I am part of a giveaway for a KitchenAid mixer. What is a better time to share a few tips!
As I said in my post breaking down the Perfect Deviled Egg, mixers are traditionally thought of as a baking kitchen gadget, but I use mine more often to shred meat, whip deviled egg filling, and create airy and delicious mashed potatoes. Today, I am sharing my recipe and method to making Cola BBQ Chicken in my InstantPot and how to efficiently shred the chicken using the mixer. I have embedded a few YouTube videos below so you can see my method. I find that, like with the deviled eggs, having the ability t see the tip can be more helpful and reading.
This recipe is really easy and the sauce is filled with sweet smokey deliciousness. This does not produce a thick sauce, but you can easily add a little to the top of the sandwich if you like to have a thicker saucier sandwich. The meat is juicy and tender, and I like to add a few tasty topping for an additional boost of flavor. I always add sliced dill pickles and a slice of pepper jack cheese- so delicious. My family loves this sandwich and it is perfect for a busy weeknight filled with different activities for the kiddos. I have the instructions for this recipe for my Instantpot, but this would work fine in a slow cooker, and I would adjust the temp to low and cook 7-8 hours. Tomorrow I am going to share a recipe using this BBQ chicken in the even that your family isn’t wanting to have chicken sandwiches two nights so you have another yummy option to try!
Tonight we have soccer and I am thinking that this will be perfect to prepare today for a quick dinner when we get home from the game.
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway (click the link above)!
InstantPot Cola BBQ Chicken
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle, 18 oz of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- 8 oz regular cola
- 2 Tbl apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Place rack into instant pot (if you are using a slow cooker just put the meat right into the crock). Place the chicken on rack. In a mixing bowl, whisk together bbq sauce, cola, vinegar, and spiced. Pour the bbq mixture over the chicken.
- Lock the lid and seal the vent. Set to meat with high pressure for 20 minutes. When it is done allow natural release 10 then finish with manual release.
- Remove chicken and place in mixer. Use the paddle attachment and slowly pulse to shred. It is important that you don't cram large of chicken into the mixing bowl because it could damage the mixer or spill hot chicken over the sides.. If you are cooking a larger amount of chicken I recommend that you shred in batches.
- Return shredded chicken to the pot. Gently stir and allow chicken to sit in the sauce for a few minutes before serving. If you want the chicken to soak in more flavor from the sauce, set the IP to Keep Warm.
- Serve on buns with sliced pickles and pepper jack cheese (or additional sauce if desired).