Happy Valentine's Day! I hope that however you choose to celebrate (or not celebrate) the day ultimately leaves you feeling the love from the people in your life. Personally, I like to spoil my kiddos a little on Valentine's Day, and I buy them each a little box of chocolates so they can enjoy a few with breakfast.
Today is not only the day of love, but it is the February Improv Cooking Challenge!
The Improv Cooking Challenge gives two ingredients each month and challenges the participants to create new recipes.
The theme for this month is wine and Italian seasoning, and I knew exactly what I wanted to share! Slow Cooker White Wine Mushrooms. I have a red wine mushroom recipe that I love, but I wanted to give a try to a white wine variety. These mushrooms are so easy to put together, and are great for any party or as a side dish. I make mine buttery, and full of flavor from the different seasonings.
I love making appetizers in my slow cooker because I can prep and cook without having to stand over the stove or watch the oven while it cooks which makes life easier for everyone- especially me.
Follow me on Twitter for more yummy happenings!Check out what the other bloggers have made!
Improv Cooking Challenge: February 2019
Ingredients: Wine and Italian Seasoning
- Creamy Italian Dressing With Mayo & Red Wine Vinegar by Sneha's Recipe
- White Wine & Herb Grilled Chicken by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Veal Scalloppini and Piccata Gnocchi by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker White Wine Mushrooms by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Italian Roast Beef by Cookaholic Wife
- Winey Mary: Bloody Mary meets Red Wine by Our Good Life
- Lemon Caper Italian Chicken by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Lady and the Tramp Spaghetti and Meatballs by Simply Inspired Meals
- Italian Sausage Marinara with Penne by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Pasta in White Wine Herb Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sausage Spaghetti Sauce Over Zoodles by Reviews, Chews & How-Tos
I am STILL in recovery mode from out Disney trip, and was laughing with my sister tonight because our suitcases are still packed on our bedroom floors. I think the incentive is low to get my act together with that because the suitcase is filled with summer clothes that will not serve me well until Wisconsin gets warmer in a few months. Until then I will "happily" keep tripping over it every time I walk to my closet.
Enjoy the mushrooms and check out the offerings from my other blogging friends!
Slow Cooker White Wine Mushrooms
- 3 lb white mushrooms, rinsed
- 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- .14 oz Italian dressing packet (2 packets)
- 1 ½ cups dry white wine
- Place washed mushrooms and butter in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together wine, seasoning, and dressing packets.
- Pour wine mixture over the mushrooms and butter.
- Set slow cooker to high and cook 2 hours. Serve.