Easy Lasagna Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb mild italian sausage
- 14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups uncooked mafalda noodles
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella, plus extra for topping
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a medium soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and add onion and sausage.
- Cook sausage till it breaks into crumbles and onions begin to soften.
Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and basil. Bring to a low simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Add water and pasta and simmer till pasta is tender. Gently stir in the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve in bowls and top with a little extra cheese if desired.