Popping in to share a delicious weeknight soup with you! I am part of a soup swap and I have sadly had a mediocre showing with providing recipes, but this month the theme was “Quick Weeknight Soups”. That is a theme I can get behind with school in full swing. This month Amy author of Amy’s Cooking Adventures is our host and many thanks to her for organizing! Next month I am hosting so I had better get my butt in gear!
I decided to make a slowcooker soup for the swap. My kids love tacos and I like to make different dishes using taco flavors because I know they will love it. I also added a few noodles because it is another food my children love! I added two different types of beans to make the soup even heartier. This soup is so easy and it is nice to get home and not worry about cooking dinner.
We have had a few life changes I alluded to a few months ago and I will post more details on that later this week to give you guys an update!
I also have to add it is ironic that I am sharing a soup today because it is 85 degrees today! However, this soup does not require your stove to simmer the soup so your house can stay cool!
Slowcooker Beefy Taco Noodle Soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 1 can original Rotel
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 ranch seasoning packet
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow noodles
- Grated cheese, sour cream and corn chips for toppings
- Brown ground beef with onion. Drain.
- Add to the slowcooker, beef/onion mixture and all remaining ingredients with exception of corn and noodles. Cook on low 4-5 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking add the corn and the noodles. Stir and replace the cover of the slowcooker. Cook till noodles are tender. Salt to taste.
- Serve and garlic with cheese, sour cream and corn chips