This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome to day 5 of #SpringSweetsWeek 2019 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the coming of spring than with food and a fun giveaway? 30 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring! Get ready to ditch your hats, coats, and snow boots and get ready for some delicious sweet treats like cupcakes, cookies, sweet breads, and cocktails! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much Swiss Diamond, Dixie Crystals, Nancy’s Yogurt, Sprinkle Pop, Adams Extracts, Barleans, Melissa’s Produce, and PEEPS® for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win!
Today, I am sharing my recipe for Carrot Cake Scones! The first time I had a scone was in England, and I will never forget how much I adored stopping for tea time! We have a family cottage in Door County, Wisconsin and we have a tradition of scones for breakfast so it is a baked good that always holds many fond memories for me.
Carrot cake is a favorite dessert of mine, and having it for breakfast is a double win! I opt to top mine with a thick and creamy cream cheese frosting, and it is delicious. Flavors from the brown sugar, carrots, and coconut combined with the rich ricing is a dynamite flavor combination.
For these scones, I used Barlean's Organic Flax, Chia, and Coconut Seed Blend (Engery Blend). This is a great product from Barlean's and it lends well to breakfast recipes that pop with a bit of coconut flavor! To take a peek at more Barlean's products click here to find out more about all of their different blends!
What I really like about the blend is that it is not overpowering, but adds a delicious nutty coconut flavor to my scones.
Friday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- A #SpringSweetsWeek G & T by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Banana Snack Cake by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches by Crumb Top Baking
- Carrot Cake Scones by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Chocolate Marshmallow Dip by Simply Inspired Meals
- Chocolate Wacky Cake by The Gingered Whisk
- Cottontail Chex Mix by Books n' Cooks
- Easter Bunny Bark by Our Good Life
- Easy as Pie Coconut Cream Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Flower Pot Spring Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Key Lime Cupcakes by House of Nash Eats
- Key Lime Sugar Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Lemon Cake Roll by Sweet Beginnings
- Marshmallow S'Mores Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Mint Chocolate Yogurt Pudding by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Orange Cream Cheese Loaf Cake by A Savory Feast
- Orange Cream Overnight Oats by Cookaholic Wife
- Orange Creamsicle Fruit Salad by Home Sweet Homestead
- PEEPS Bunny Trail Cupcakes by Family Around the Table
- Sheet Pan Key Lime Pie by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Small Batch Chocolate cupcakes by Creative Southern Home
- Soft Sugar Cookies with Frosting by The Crumby Kitchen
- Strawberry Papaya and Blood Orange Margarita by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cake by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Sweet and Salty Chocolate Nests by Cooking With Carlee
- Vanilla Glazed Strawberry Orange Scones by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Vegan Blueberry Yogurt Coffee Cake by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes by The Baking Fairy
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Pinterest Instagram Facebook Twitter
Looking for more breakfast goodies?!
Carrot Cake Scones
Carrot Cake Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ½ tablespoon Barlean's Energy Mix
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup heavy cream, plus a few tablespoons to brush on top
- 6 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
Carrot Cake Scones
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place parchment paper or a sliptmat on a baking sheet, and set aside.
- To a large food processor, add flour, sugar, baking powder, energy mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pulse a few times to mix. Add carrots and pulse till carrots are finely chopped. Add the cream and pulse till just blended.
- Add the butter to the food processor and pulse a few times so butter is well incorporated, but still in small pieces.
- Lightly flour your workspace and remove dough from food processor. Kneed a few times and form dough into an 8-inch disk.
- Cut the scones into 6 equal pieces. Brush the tops with heavy cream. Bake for 16-17 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack while icing is prepared.
Cream Cheese Icing
Place cream cheese in a medium bowl and mix in the vanilla with a hand mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar and whip till smooth. Mix in the heavy cream. Pipe or spread the cream cheese frosting on the scones, and serve.
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight (8) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Simply Inspired Meals
I love the idea of a carrot cake scone and using the energy blend. I plan to try these right away!
These look so hearty and delicious. Especially with the added bonus of the energy mix! A great way to start the day.
With all the carrots and cinnamon and nutmeg I know they smell good while they cook.
Mmmm that cream cheese frosting on top looks wonderful! I always like a good frosting-to-carrot-cake ratio.
Valentina | The Baking Fairy
These scones look scrumptious! What a fun twist with carrot cake flavors!
What a great way to use the energy blend. I wish I'd thought of that!
These scones sound really good and I love the sound of the frosting!
What a fun twist to make a carrot cake version of scones! I Love that you added the Barleans Energy Blend, I'm hooked and that slightly nutty flavor it has.
These would go perfect with a cup of my cinnamon coffee! They look so good!
Leanne | Crumb Top Baking
I'm a huge carrot cake fan, and these scones with the energy blend, are a perfect way to enjoy the flavours of carrot cake!
Carrot cake scones would be a delightful treat with my Peeps White Hot Chocolate on Easter Morning.
Jaida ~ Sweet Beginnings
Adding the Barleans energy blend to the scones was a great idea! I bet it added a nice texture and flavor to them. And that frosting - YUM!
Liz @ Books n' Cooks
I'm loving all of these carrot cake inspired recipes this week! Scones are such a fun twist on those classic spring flavors.
Teri@The Freshman Cook
You had me at carrot cake, and then I saw scones! awesome recipe!
Carrot cake is my husband's absolute favorite. He will love these scones!