Peach Margaritas taste like summer in a glass. Peach season is such a treat, and these homemade margaritas are so simple, but shine with the flavors of summer.
Loads of peaches from Georgia and Michigan have come to my area, and they are so delicious. I love peaches, and I love that the flavors work in so many different recipes. I love peaches with cheese or bacon, and I love them in a dessert. One way I had not used my peaches was in a drink.... a margarita to be exact.
There is no secret about my summer obsession with homemade margaritas. My normal method is booze, fresh grapefruit or fresh orange juice and homemade mix. I decided that I wanted to make a version using my fresh peaches. I used the same method I usually do, but omitted the citrus juice and added a little homemade peach puree. The peach puree is really simple, but it is important to make sure your peaches are nice and ripe. I remove the pit and blend the rest. I do not bother with peeling the peaches because everything is ground up so fine and I strain my puree.
The verdict? Soooooo delicious! It was like a glass of summer and the peach flavors were nice and strong, but worked perfectly with the rest of the drink. This drink is also very easy to make in bulk if you have summer guests at your house for a cookout.
Check out these yummy peach recipes!
- Ginger Peach Wine Slushies by That Recipe
- Grilled Peaches with Candied Ginger Ice Cream by Our Good Life
- Olive Oil-Poached Salmon Bellies with Summery Peach-Tomato Salsa by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peach Ginger Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Peach Margarita by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Peach Pie by Art of Natural Living
- Peach Shortcakes with Candied Pecans by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Stone Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
What do you need to make a Peach Margarita!?
- Fresh Peaches
- Margarita Mix (homemade really delicious, but a mix will work too)
- Silver Tequila
- 8 ounce Glasses
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to peel or cook the peaches for the puree?
Nope, just puree in a food processor and strain. It is important to make sure the peaches are nice and ripe!
I have leftover puree- what else can I make?
My favorite thing to use leftover puree for is popsicles! I mix it with orange or white grape juice and freeze in molds.
Do I have to use silver tequila?
I honestly prefer it, and have not tested this recipe with a different type of tequila.
How long does peach puree keep in the fridge?
I typically say about 3 days. You can freeze it in ice cube trays and store in a freezer if you are not using it right away.
Looking for more delicious peach or margarita recipes?!
- 1 ½ oz silver tequila
- 2 ½ tbsp fresh peach puree
- 2 oz margarita mix
- Lime Wedges or Peaches, for garnish
- Pit 6 peaches and place in food processor. Puree till smooth. Strain and discard solids. 6 peaches will make 12 oz of puree.
Assembly of Margarita
- Fill an 8 oz glass ½ - ⅔ full with ice. Add tequila and peach puree. Top with margarita mix.
- Stir and garnish with a lime wedge or a Peach wedge.
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.
This post was originally created in 2015, and updated in 2019 for reader enhancement and recipe updating.