It is margarita time! Blueberry Margaritas are a perfect summer drink on a hot day! Blueberry, lime, and tequila make one of my favorite summer treats!
I am still celebrating all things blueberry over here, and today I have an extra special treat. My Blueberry Margaritas are an easy summer drink that you can make with all of your sweet and delicious berries. I make my own margarita mix with a simple base of fresh lime juice, sugar, and water. The blueberry is from a delicious an simple reduction of blueberries with a little water and a touch of sugar. I just love these beautiful color of these margaritas from the fresh blueberries!
I use a homemade margarita mix, and I always recommend doing that over store bought. Obviously, if you are in a pinch pick some up, but the time to make your own mix is generally not long and totally worth it. Many times I will make a bunch and freeze it in mason jars for a later date.
What Do You Need To Make Blueberry Margaritas?!
- Ice- Sometimes I use reusable, like these, so it doesn’t water down my drink
- Sauce Pot
- Lime Juicer
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to puree the blueberry, or can I use it with the seeds?
Just simmering if fine. You may have a few extra seeds, but it will still be delicious.
Can you freeze leftover margarita mix?
For sure! I freeze mine in mason jars (leaving room at the top for expansion), and thaw as needed.
Can I make these kiddo friendly?
Absolutely. Skip the tequila, and use more margarita mix in place.
How long does the mix and the puree keep?
I would say about a week before I would freeze.
What other margarita recipes do you recommend?
Check Out More Delicious Blueberry Week Offerings!
Thank you to Ellen from Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting #BlueberryWeek. More than 20 top notch bloggers are sharing a variety of blueberry recipes from breakfast to dessert. Follow #BlueberryWeek on social media so you don’t miss one delicious recipe.
- Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins by Cookaholic Wife
- Cornmeal Waffles with Blueberry Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Blueberry Breakfast Banana Split by Our Good Life
Drinks & Appetizers
- Blueberry Brie Duck Flatbread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Margarita by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Blueberry Thyme Smash by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mini Blueberry Galettes by Cooking For My Soul
- Warmed Brie with Pickled Blueberries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Tortellini Pasta Salad with Corn and Blueberries by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Blueberries and Pinot Noir by Food Above Gold
- Blueberry Fluff Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Cereal Bars by Palatable Pastime
- Sour Cream Blueberry Pie by Savory Moments
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 /4 cup water
- 8 oz silver tequila
- 12 oz margarita mix
- Limes and Blueberries for garnish
- Place blueberries, sugar, and water in a sauce pan. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and place in a food processor. Blend till smooth. Strain with a fine mesh strainer over a medium bowl. You will need to use a spatula to move the blueberries around, and press the puree into the sides. You will be left with very little solids. Pour into a jar and allow the puree to cool for about 45 minutes before using it.
- Add ice to the 4-8 oz glasses. Add 2 oz tequila, 1 1/2 Tbl syrup, 3 oz margarita mix to each glass. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and blueberries.
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.