It is margarita time! Blueberry Margaritas are a perfect summer drink on a hot day! Blueberry, lime, and tequila make one of my favorite summer treats!
I am still celebrating all things blueberry over here, and today I have an extra special treat. My Blueberry Margaritas are an easy summer drink that you can make with all of your sweet and delicious berries. I make my own margarita mix with a simple base of fresh lime juice, sugar, and water. The blueberry is from a delicious an simple reduction of blueberries with a little water and a touch of sugar. I just love these beautiful color of these margaritas from the fresh blueberries!
I use a homemade margarita mix, and I always recommend doing that over store bought. Obviously, if you are in a pinch pick some up, but the time to make your own mix is generally not long and totally worth it. Many times I will make a bunch and freeze it in mason jars for a later date.
What Do You Need To Make Blueberry Margaritas?!
- Ice- Sometimes I use reusable, like these, so it doesn't water down my drink
- Sauce Pot
- Lime Juicer
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to puree the blueberry, or can I use it with the seeds?
Just simmering if fine. You may have a few extra seeds, but it will still be delicious.
Can you freeze leftover margarita mix?
For sure! I freeze mine in mason jars (leaving room at the top for expansion), and thaw as needed.
Can I make these kiddo friendly?
Absolutely. Skip the tequila, and use more margarita mix in place.
How long does the mix and the puree keep?
I would say about a week before I would freeze.
What other margarita recipes do you recommend?
I have a bunch of favorites! We have made Strawberry Rhubarb Margaritas, Peach Margaritas, Tart Cherry Margaritas and Classic Lime Margaritas.
Check Out More Delicious Blueberry Week Offerings!
Thank you to Ellen from Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures for hosting #BlueberryWeek. More than 20 top notch bloggers are sharing a variety of blueberry recipes from breakfast to dessert. Follow #BlueberryWeek on social media so you don't miss one delicious recipe.
- Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins by Cookaholic Wife
- Cornmeal Waffles with Blueberry Sauce by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Blueberry Breakfast Banana Split by Our Good Life
Drinks & Appetizers
- Blueberry Brie Duck Flatbread by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Blueberry Margarita by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Blueberry Thyme Smash by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mini Blueberry Galettes by Cooking For My Soul
- Warmed Brie with Pickled Blueberries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Tortellini Pasta Salad with Corn and Blueberries by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Blueberries and Pinot Noir by Food Above Gold
- Blueberry Fluff Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Cereal Bars by Palatable Pastime
- Sour Cream Blueberry Pie by Savory Moments
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Pinterest Instagram Facebook Twitter
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 /4 cup water
- 8 oz silver tequila
- 12 oz margarita mix
- Limes and Blueberries for garnish
- Place blueberries, sugar, and water in a sauce pan. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and place in a food processor. Blend till smooth. Strain with a fine mesh strainer over a medium bowl. You will need to use a spatula to move the blueberries around, and press the puree into the sides. You will be left with very little solids. Pour into a jar and allow the puree to cool for about 45 minutes before using it.
- Add ice to the 4-8 oz glasses. Add 2 oz tequila, 1 ½ Tbl syrup, 3 oz margarita mix to each glass. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and blueberries.
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.
Great minds again today. Yesterday peaches, today tequila. YUM
Amy (Savory Moments)
What a delicious and colorful summer cocktail!
Colleen - Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
These are a must-make on my upcoming beach trip!
That is one of the prettiest margaritas I've ever seen! Love the idea of homemade margarita mix!
Kathy @ Beyond the Chicken Coop
A perfect summer drink! I'm still a few weeks away from my blueberries being ready to be picked. I might just need to pick some up at the market now though so I can make these right away. Great idea about mixing up extra and storing in the freezer! That's my kind of prepping!
Oh my, these margaritas are simply amazing! That color though can easily make anyone's day. Fabulous-looking, delicious and perfect for summer!
One of my all-time favorite drinks is the Margarita. I love this beautiful recipe that uses blueberries. I have all the ingredients right here in my kitchen. I'll be making these refreshing beverages tonight!
This sounds wonderful. Refreshing and perfect for summer enjoyment. I will definitely make this margarita for weekends. Can't wait!
Yess!! pass me all the drinks! Looks amazing, Ashley!
I love this I am a margarita fan, yet to try blueberry margarita, may be next recipe. you made it perfectly.
Look at that gorgeous color on that 'rita. It looks divine and I cannot wait to try it. The blueberries the lime. So good together.