Italian Chicken Potato and Green Bean Bake is the most popular recipe on my site, and it was ffffaaaaarrrrr overdue for a republish. The old pictures didn't do it justice, and I have slightly tweaked the recipe from the original post.
Italian Chicken Potato and Green Bean Bake is still just as delicious as the first time I made it. I love that all the components of the meal are in one casserole dish. Easy prep, easy clean-up, and great leftovers. All the parts of a winning dish.
Like I said, I have made a few adjustments to my Italian Chicken Potato and Green Bean Bake since posting and have updated the recipe to reflect the changes.
Originally, I was using 2 packets of seasoning because 1 was not enough, but sometimes I felt 2 was a touch salty so I decreased it to 1 ½ packets. I also originally decreased the butter to ¾ stick, but have found the potatoes have cooked more consistently with the entire stick....of course....isn't that the way life seems to work sometimes.
I put in a few recipe notes based on questions from readers, but if you have any issues or questions please send me a message or comment.
I know some of you have concerns about chicken cooking properly to temp and want to cut into that chicken breast, and I again tell you to stop and get a meat thermometer! I recommend TermoWorks TermoPop. I have used it for years and love it.
What can make it all a little easier? Easy dinners. Seriously.
Feeding the masses in a quick way with something they love makes life easier and, like I said before, Italian chicken potato and green bean bake fits the bill. There is a reason that is the most popular recipe on this site, and great for your school night recipe rotation.
What You Need To Make This Recipe
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - Thighs work as well, but will require less cooking time. Make sure that the potatoes are cut smaller if using thighs so the dish bakes evenly.
- Green Beans - Fresh or frozen green beans can be used. However, frozen will result in additional liquid in the baking dish. I recommend thawing and patting off excess liquid before baking.
- Red Potatoes - Sometimes potatoes make take a little additional time depending on the size of your quarters. If you are working with larger potatoes adjust and cut into eighths.
- Butter - Olive oil can be used in place of butter, but the flavor will be slightly different. It can be used on a 1:1 ratio.
- Italian Dressing Seasoning - This is a dry seasoning packet and not a liquid bottle.
More Casserole Recipes!
ITALIAN CHICKEN POTATO AND GREEN BEAN BAKE
- 4 cups generous cups red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cans cut green beans, drained
- 1-1 ½ lb chicken breasts, 4 chicken breasts
- 1 stick butter, cut into pieces
- 1 ½ Italian dressing seasoning/mix packets
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line one side of the pan with green beans. Cut potatoes up. Line opposite side of pan with the potatoes. Line the chicken breasts down the middle of the baking dish. Cut butter up and layer over the green beans, potatoes and chicken. Sprinkle Italian dressing over the entire pan.
- Cover with foil. Bake 1 hour.