Do you still have some zucchini that needs to get used? A bumper crop perhaps?
We made the most delicious zucchini side dish that was so simple, but so flavorful. We love roasting veggies, and zucchini is not excluded. I brushed the Parmesan Baked Zucchini Rounds with a little olive oil, seasoned with a little garlic salt, topped with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning, baked them, and broiled them till they were golden brown.
My favorite part of Parmesan Baked Zucchini Rounds is the amazing browned cheese on top of the zucchini. Is there anything better than melted cheese? I mean, I am from Wisconsin so I am likely biased, but that doesn't mean I am wrong. The addition of the garlic salt, and seasonings really put the flavors over the top for me. I am a little sad summer is coming to an end, and the abundance of zucchini will come to an end. I have not tried doing a pizza style roasted zucchini, but I have a few friends that swear by a little pizza sauce, cheese, Italian seasoning, and pepperoni..... I am going to have to put it on my list before my zucchini stash is gone.
Looking For More Zucchini Recipes?
Banana and Zucchini Crumble Bread
Parmesan Baked Zucchini Rounds
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice zucchini into rounds about ½ -inch thick. Pat dry and place evenly spread on a baking sheet
- Brush zucchini with olive oil and season with garlic salt
- Top with cheese, then Italian seasoning, and finally parsley
- Bake for 8 minutes, or till tender. Finish by broiling 2 minutes to allow the cheese to slightly brown. Serve immediately.
These rounds sound so good, and no, there is nothing better than melted cheese!