An appetizer perfect for seasonal blueberries. Warm naan layered with warm goat cheese mixed with fresh thyme and honey. Topped with fresh blueberries, and a touch of honey. A delicious creamy, sweet, and savory combo.
This is ending Blueberry Week for me, and I hope that you have had the opportunity to stock-up on all thing blueberry! I saved one of my favorite blueberry recipes for last because it is one of my all-time favorite combinations.
I love the combination of blueberries and goat cheese, and my Blueberry, Honey, and Goat Cheese Naan Pizza is out of this world delicious. Besides being delicious this recipe is so simple, and a fantastic back-pocket recipe to keep when you need to get a quick appetizer together.
I love to use mini naan dippers for this appetizer. There are many types of naan bread out there, and larger will work find, but you will need to put them to make the smaller portion sizes.
I love the flavor of the creamy goat cheese and the fresh thyme. I warm mine in the oven, and the cheese is so soft and warm. I like to stir a little honey into the cheese as well. Fresh blueberries and honey on top finish these little bites, and it is heavenly!
How to Make Blueberry, Honey, and Goat Cheese Naan Pizzas:
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F and place naan on a baking sheet.
- Mix together goat cheese, thyme, yogurt, and honey in a medium mixing bowl.
- Scoop goat cheese on naan.
- Bake for 6 minutes and remove from oven.
- Top with blueberries, a sprinkle of thyme, and a drizzle of honey.
Check out these amazing blueberry recipes!
Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures for hosting #BlueberryWeek. More than 20 top notch bloggers are sharing a variety of blueberry recipes from breakfast to dessert. Follow #BlueberryWeek on social media so you don't miss one delicious recipe.
- Blueberry Sourdough Coffee Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Blueberry Lemonade by Caroline's Cooking
- Blueberry, Honey, and Goat Cheese Naan Pizza by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Blueberry Peach Smoothie by Family Around the Table
- Blueberry Mojito by Food Above Gold
- https://palatablepastime.com/2019/07/19/blueberry-pomegranate-cucumber-salad/ by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Blueberry Skillet Cookie by Crumb Top Baking
- Blueberry Pie Fudge by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Blueberry Buckle by Savory Moments
- No-Bake Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Tart by Sweet Beginnings
- Roasted Blueberry Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Vegan Blueberry Coconut Pie by The Baking Fairy
- Blueberry Lemon Curd Dessert Egg Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Blueberry, Goat Cheese, and Basil Galette (this one won a grand prize from Taste of Home a few years ago!)
- Blueberry Zucchini Banana Bread
- Blueberry Margaritas
- 5-Minute Blueberry Cheesecake Dip
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 5 oz goat cheese, softened
- 2 ½ tablespoon plain yogurt
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 12 Naan Dippers (or comparable naan bread)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F and place naan on a baking sheet.
- Place naan on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Mix together goat cheese, 1 teaspoon thyme, yogurt, and 1 tablespoon honey in a medium mixing bowl.
- Scoop ½ tablespoon mounds of the goat cheese on the naan bread.
- Bake for 6 minutes to warm the cheese and toast the naan.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving platter. Top with blueberries, a sprinkle of thyme, and a drizzle of honey.
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Pinterest Instagram Facebook Twitter
Frequently Asked Questions:
I don't like goat cheese, but love blueberries- can I sub the cheese?
Taking away the goat cheese will change the flavor (likely your goal), but the texture will be different. I have not tested cream cheese, but I imagine it will produce a similar result. Another option could be ricotta mixed with the yogurt. Again, consistency and flavor will be different.
I am out of thyme- can I use a different herb?
For sure! Try some chopped fresh basil! I love the combination of basil and goat cheese just as much as thyme.
Can I use a different berry?
Sure! Give chopped strawberries or blackberries a try!
I am having trouble finding naan - can you suggest a substitution?
Naan is really fluffy and soft. You could use pita, but it will not be as soft as naan. You could make this on rounds of french bread. If you use bread reduce the baking time to 4-5 minutes so the bread does not get too toasty.
Do I need to serve this warm?
Nope! I prefer the toasted naan and I love creamy warm goat cheese. However, this appetizer is amazing cold as well.
Can I use goat cheese crumbles?
I have not tested this, but I don't think it will produce the creamy topping to spread over the naan so I would not suggest it.
Thanks again for hangin' with me for Blueberry Week! Wisconsin is heading into a heat wave today, and we are escaping to the lake. My kiddos both love to swim, and it a perfect way to cool off. Not to mention that my sister and I have spent an absurd amount of money on inflatable water floats. My personal favorite is this margarita and the doughnut. However, I just bought some floating chairs, and those might take the cake....but I really want this whoopee cushion and balloon animal!
Looking for more tasty seasonal summer treats!?
Blueberry, Honey, and Goat Cheese Naan Pizza
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.
What a great flavor profile. I love that you made them appetizer size.
Amy (Savory Moments)
I love the flavors here! What a great sweet + savory combination and they are pretty, too!
Jaida ~ Sweet Beginnings
I love little bite-size appetizers! These are so cute and I love the big flavor of goat cheese with honey and blueberries!
Teri@The Freshman Cook
Love these great flavors together. So tasty and these look amazing!
Aren't these just the perfect sweet and savory bite?
Valentina | The Baking Fairy
These little bites are calling my name! That mix of sweet and savory is just irresistible.
Leanne @ Crumb Top Baking
I adore this combination! I regularly enjoy blueberries, honey and goat cheese together - whether for dessert or in a salad. Love this pizza for a meal or an appetizer! And the addition of thyme is perfection!
Kylee from Kylee Cooks
This combination of flavors is to die for!! I can't wait to make this for when no one is home, so I don't have to share.
Agreed. Sharing is not always caring!
Byron E Thomas
I love the combination of naan and goat cheese with honey. The blueberries are a great addition - actually, just about anything works on naan spread with goat cheese. I make a similar appetizer, but I add a little fresh lemon zest to the goat cheese. Makes a world of difference!
Those mini naans look so super cute! And delicious topped with blueberry and goat cheese. So yummy.