I received products from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
It does not need to be the night of the living dead to enjoy these yummy Zombie Dirt Cups. Chocolate pudding layered with crushed mint Oreos. Topped with old bones, fresh dirt, and a zombie hand make these a quick and fast Halloween favorite.
Anyone else a lover of zombie and apocalypse type movies?! I love them, and Halloween is the perfect time to give the undead a little love in the form of their own dessert.
These are Zombie Dirt cups- perfect for a quick dessert to enjoy anytime. This recipe uses chocolate pudding, crush mint Oreos- because zombies need a little green, sprinkles (bones and black), and gummy zombie hand. Perfect for any zombie lovers out there!
I am a big Walking Dead fun, and love to watch the show. My husband and I love watching the different zombie movies as well. The first scene in The Walking Dead with the little zombie girl walking in the parking lot still gives me the chills.
Do you have any favorite movies about the undead? As far as movies go, I love the 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later. I keep hoping for another installment, but no such luck.Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Pet Ghost Pudding Cups from Big Bear's Wife
- Hocus Pocus Cupcakes from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Monster Strawberry Cupcakes from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Day of the Dead Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Small Batch Pumpkin Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- Bloody Red Eyed Velvet Cupcakes from Our Good Life
- Zombie Dirt Cups from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Caramel Apple Blondies from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Halloween Hash Snack Mix from Sweet Beginnings
- Haunted Halloween Dessert Tray from For the Love of Food
- Oozing Caramel Truffle from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Ghostly Freakyshake from Lemon Blossoms
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball ~ Festive Halloween Cheeseboard from West Via Midwest
- Candy Corn White Russian from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Monster Pumpkin Spice Caramel Cream Cheese Dip from Katie’s Cucina
- Spiced Chocolate Monster Truffles from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Bat Sugar Cookies from Intelligent Domestications
What do you need to make Zombie Dirt Cups?
- Chocolate Pudding
- Oreo or other sandwich cookie
- Sprinkles- available from Sweets and Treats
- Zombie Hands- available from Treat Street USA
- Small cups (5 oz)
Big thanks to our event sponsors! I used Sweets and Treats Shop bone sprinkles and black sprinkles and they are so cute and perfect! You can use what every creepy variety of sprinkles work best for our dirt cups!
I also used for the cute gummy zombie hand Treat Street USA! The are edible too!
Looking for more delicious Halloween offerings?!
Zombie Dirt Cups
- 10 cups Chocolate Pudding (2 5.9 boxes)
- 14 Oreos- crushed
- 3 tablespoon bone sprinkles
- 2 tablespoon black sprinkles
- 6 gummy zombie hands
- Place ¼ cup of pudding in the bottom of the cups.
- Place a tablespoon of oreos and bone sprinklrd top the putting. Repeat this process once more.
- Top the pudding with a little more Oreo, sprinkle, and zombie hands.
- Place in fridge till ready to serve.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year's #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can't wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we're sharing!
Plus, don't forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a "Dinner and Dessert Set" - ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack - including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize #6Prize # 6- Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th - October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam's Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.