I received products from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
It is just a little Hocus Pocus!!! These Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies are the perfect sweet treat for a Halloween party, or to enjoy at home with your favorite Sanderson “sistaaahhhhs”.
Oh my you guys….. this is it. This is Halloween Treats Week. This week is devoted to Halloween themed creations from over 40 different recipe creators and bloggers. I can say to you with certainly that you will not find a better selection of Halloween goodies that this week-long event with me a my fellow Halloween enthusiasts.
I am starting this week with my Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies. These brownies are homemade and packed with chunks of yummy chocolate. They are rich, fudgey, and a little spooky. They will have you calling “Boooooooooooooooook”to your kitchen hoping one will come flying to you.
To make these beauties I used a few products from Halloween Treats Week sponsor, Wilton. I have worked with Wilton a few times, and they are so generous, and their seasonal goodies hit it out of the park every time! If you follow me on Instagram (CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW) you know I did an unboxing to show off all the goodies. Well, for this recipe I put them to good use and used the black decorating icing with a piping tip, and the candy eyes. The eyes are so fun because they come in a little case with 3 different sizes. For the brownies I alternated between the large ans medium size for Winifred’s Spell Book’s glaring eye.
I love how these turned out, and they are a perfect for a little Halloween nostalgia. I don’t know about you, but Hocus Pocus was the movie for me and my friends during Halloween. It came out when I was 10, and I loved it. AND I still love it. I get excited every fall when it is on t.v. and I get to watch my favorite witchy “sistaaaaahhhhs”. I still laugh at the part when they set off the sprinklers in the museum, and the sisters eventually realize that they are being sprayed with water and not the “burning rain of death”.Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Fudge from Fake Ginger
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Potato Eyes from Pastry Chef Online
- Monster Munch Chex Party Mix from I am a Honey Bee
- Gluten Free Chocolate Monster Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Caramel Sprinkle Baked Donuts from Cookaholic Wife
- Ghostly Popcorn Balls from Our Good Life
- Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cake Pops from Jen Around the World
- Zombie Chocolate Donuts from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Black Cauldron Bubbly Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Boolicious Caramel Chocolate Covered Fruit from Everyday Eileen
- Jack-o-Lantern Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Blossoms from For the Love of Food
- Monster Marshmallows from Shockingly Delicious
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Back To My Southern Roots
- Mummy Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Sally’s Sugar Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Eyeball Thumbprint Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eye of Newt Halloween Wands from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfait from Desserts Required
- Halloween No Bake Cheesecake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Dipped Ice Cream Cones from West Via Midwest
- Pumpkin Soup with Savory Spices and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Nancie’s Table
- Halloween Stuffed Chocolate Whoopie Pies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Death by Chocolate Dessert Ball from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Jack o Lantern Bundt Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Frankenstein Cupcake Cake from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chocolate Truffle Pumpkin Spider Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Spooky Sprinkled Brownies from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Candy Charcuterie Board from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Sugar Skull Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Mummy Meringue Pops from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Hidden Bat Loaf Cat from Savory Moments
- Vegan Halloween Cookies & Cream Fault Line Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Corn Chip Dessert Bars from Intelligent Domestications
- Oogie Boogie Meringue Cupcakes from A Blender Mom
- Smores Ghost Brownies from Books n’ Cooks
AND THIS IS ONLY DAY 1!
Looking for more delicious Halloween offerings?!
Check out those cute candy eyeballs!Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
Hocus Pocus Spell Book BrowniesServings 9 brownies
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs +1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- Black decorating frostings
- Candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place butter in a microwave safe dish and heat till melted. Add chocolate chips and whisk till smooth. Transfer chocolate to a mixing bowl.
- Add flour, salt and sugar to the mixing bowl with the chocolate. Stir to just incorporate the flour. Add eggs, egg yolk, and oil. Mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Transfer batter to baking dish and evenly. Bake for 40 minutes. When tested with a toothpick the toothpick should come out clean from the center.
- Allow brownies to cool for at least 30 minutes before frosting.
- Using a fine tip black decorating frosting make to book details on the brownie. Finally, add the candy eyeball.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize #6Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.