White Chicken Enchiladas are one of my favorite weeknight chicken dinners. Simple, rich, cheesy, and satisfying. A perfect recipe for use a rotisserie chicken for an necessary (at least in my house) mid-week shortcut!
I love these enchiladas. I mean LOVE. They are so delicious and, not to mention, soooooo easy. They can be prepped in advance, or made on a weeknight. The filling is hearty shredded chicken, cheese, and diced green chiles. Topped with cheese, baked, and broiled for a few minutes make the best ooey gooey enchiladas with a golden top.
Dinner was never easier or more delicious than this dish! My kiddos love this meal, and I am always excited for dinner when I know it is on the menu. I also love this recipe because it makes fantastic leftovers for lunch the following day!
What do you serve these enchiladas with? I love to serve my enchiladas with black beans and a scoop of saffron rice. I top mine with a dollop of sour cream as well. I think they are also fantastic with refried beans, pinto beans, or even a fresh salad with a few slices of avocado.
Frequently asked questions:
Can I use olive oil in place of butter?
Yes, olive oil will work but the flavor of the sauce might be slightly different.
What is the best method to rolling enchiladas?
I place most of my filling to one side then roll to make sure I can get a tight roll to keep the filling intact.
Are green chiles spicy?
No, they are a mild pepper. If you want more heat use canned diced jalapenos.
Do I need to keep an eye on my enchiladas when the broil?
Yes, 5 minutes is perfect in my oven, but check on them around 3 minutes to make sure you do not experience scorching.
I am into all things using rotisserie chicken today! Rotisserie chicken is an amazing time saver for me on the weekdays when it comes to dinner.
Check out some other recipes using rotisserie chicken!
Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- Barbecue Chicken French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Chicken ala King by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Crispy Baked Chicken Taquitos by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Maftoul - Palestinian Chicken and Couscous by Pandemonium Noshery
- White Chicken Enchiladas by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Follow me on Twitter for more tasty happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Here are some kitchen tools to get you started!
These are some of my favorite kitchen basics!
Looking for more delicious family favorite chicken recipes? I got you covered!
White Chicken Enchiladas
- 12 soft flour taco shells
- 2 ½ cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese,
- 8 oz diced green chiles
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix shredded chicken with 1 cup cheese, and 4 oz green chiles.
- Place filling in the taco shells and roll them tightly. Place them seam-side down in the baking dish.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, whisk in flour, and cook for about a 1 minute. Whisk in the broth, and whisk till smooth- do not boil. Stir in sour cream and remaining chilies.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Bake 25 min and then broil for 5 min to brown the cheese.
This post contains affiliate links.