This Tart Apple Galette with Cinnamon Crumble is a simple, delicious apple dessert. Use store-bought crust, fresh apples, a brown sugar butter crumble, and bake. A simple and unique dessert with unforgettable flavors.
This week I am celebrating farmer's markets because it is National Framer's Market Week!
Apples and cinnamon scream fall and famer's market to me and, in my opinion, are once of the best smells to come out of a kitchen.
Recently, I really have enjoy making galettes because it is easy, they look beautiful, and they taste delicious.
This recipe calls for a crumble topping and ,normally, when I make a crumble I use granulated sugar. However, brown sugar and cinnamon was calling to me and I made a crumble with those ingredients.
I loved the flavor that the additional boost of cinnamon added and the brown sugar tastes a little richer to make than using a white sugar.
I love to use a Macintosh apple for my Tart Apple Galette with Cinnamon Crumble. The tart flavor is a perfect contrast to the sweet crumble.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- refrigerated pie crust
- tart apples
- granulated sugar
- raw sugar
- brown sugar
- baking sheet (I love this round one!)
- parchment paper or a baking mat
- silicone brush
LET'S TALK ABOUT THE CRUST!
I love using a pre-made crust. It saves me so much time, and it delicious.
The refrigerated crust is very easy to work with, but if it stays too long in the fridge you may notice it will dry slightly.
The method for creating a crust in a galette is the fold the crust around the filling to keep it open-faced. I find that folding, and a little tuck creates the best look and stability for the crust.
What is the crust leaks! It happens to everyone! Make sure you do a nice coat with the egg wash. Also, make sure the you are not ripping the doing as you fold.
Adding the raw sugar to the crust give a nice texture and a sweet taste of the crust.
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
Stretch (or roll if you made your own) your pie crust on lightly floured parchment paper. Arrange apples in a circular pattern. Make sure to leave about 2 inches boarder around the outside to fold over. Fold the crust edges up and over the apples (I tucked as I circles the fruit).
In a medium bowl, cream butter, cinnamon and sugar. Add the flour and mix with a fork to create a crumble topping. Spread topping evenly over the apples.
Transfer the parchment to a baking sheet. Brush dough with egg wash and sprinkle evenly with sugar.
Bake for 45-55 minutes, until the fruit center is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
TART APPLES FOR BAKING OR SWEET APPLES FOR BAKING?
I use Macintosh apples in my Tart Apple Galette with Cinnamon Crumble. I love tart apple for eating and baking.
Other delicious tart apple for apple recipes are, granny smith or cortland apples!
A sweeter apple can be used, but it will change the flavor. Honey crisp, Jonagold, or Braeburn are great options!
CHECK OUT MORE DELICIOUS APPLE RECIPES!
HOW ABOUT A FEW GALETTES?
If you’ve tried my Tart Apple Galette with Cinnamon Crumble or any other recipe on Cheese Curd In Paradise please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
Tart Apple Galette with Cinnamon Crumble
- 1 refrigerated pie crust standard size
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp Raw sugar for crust
- 2 ½ tbsp butter room tempurature
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 ½ tbsp flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Stretch (or roll if you made your own) your pie crust on lightly floured parchment paper. Arrange apples in a circular pattern. Make sure to leave about 2 inches boarder around the outside to fold over. Fold the crust edges up and over the apples (I tucked as I circles the fruit).
- In a medium bowl, cream butter, cinnamon and sugar. Add the flour and mix with a fork to create a crumble topping. Spread topping evenly over the apples.
- Transfer the parchment to a baking sheet. Brush dough with egg wash and sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until the fruit center is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
Monday's Farmers Market Week Recipes
- Air Fryer Kale Chips by Blogghetti
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by Making Miracles
- Brown Butter Peach Scones by The Spiffy Cookie
- Corn and Tomato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Fresh Peach French Toast Casserole by Our Sutton Place
- Grandma's Banana Cake by Family Around the Table
- Grilled Double Cherry Naan Bread Dessert by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Zucchini Pesto Pizza by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Kohlrabi and Radish Slaw by Savory Moments
- Mexican Street Corn Salad by Books n' Cooks
- Parmesan Roasted Spaghetti Squash by Intelligent Domestications
- Peach and Strawberry Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peach Upside Down Cake by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Shrimp Salad with Bibb Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Peas by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Skillet Lemon Parmesan Chicken with Zucchini and Squash by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Tart Apple Galette with Cinnamon Crumble by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Watermelon Salsa by Kate's Recipe Box
- Zucchini and Tomato Tian by Palatable Pastime
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.