Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Beef is a weeknight winner. Tender beef slow cooked in coconut milk with curry, peanut butter, and spiced. Filled with veggies and served with rice for a new favorite for a busy night.
There are so many things I love about cooler temps and fall weather, but one of my favorite things is cooking with my slow cooker to make delicious and savory stews.
This recipe is for Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Beef, and it is everything you could want in a unique beef stew.
I fill this stew with hearty beef and slow cook it in creamy coconut milk, curry paste and peanut butter. The result is a stew with some of the most flavorful and tender meat around! This recipe is savory, but with a touch of sweet from the coconut milk and honey, and a touch of heart from the curry paste. However, not to worry, because it is not overly spicy and is still kid friendly!
Looking for more delicious slow cooker and instant pot recipes- check out a few from a few friends!
Instant Pot Slow Cooker Recipes
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Instant Pot Asian Pork Meatballs by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Instant Pot Cowboy Steak and Beans by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pressure Cooker Beef Bourguignon by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans by Art of Natural Living
- Slow Cooker Sauerbraten by That Recipe
- Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Beef by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use chicken in this recipe?
Yes, keep the chicken as a larger piece while cooking. Chop and add back to the slow cooker.
Is the Thai red curry spicy?
On it's own, sure. However, the spice leave is very manageable and my 3-years-old event ate this.
Can I use a lite coconut milk?
You can, but you will not get the same rich creamy consistency. I do not recommend a low fat coconut milk.
Can I add more veggies?
Sure! Just chop and add with the other veggies.
Looking for more delicious instant pot or slow cooker recipes?!
Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Beef
- 2 lb beef stew meat
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- ¾ cup beef brothb
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh snap pea pods, trimmed and cleaned and halved
- ½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp corstarch
- 4 tbsp warm water
- Salt to taste
- Brown Rice cooked
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk, broth, peanut butter, curry paste, soy sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic.
- Place beef in the slow cooker and pour the coconut mixture over the beef. Stir to coat.
- Place cover on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, whisk together the cornstarch and warm water. Add the veggies to the slow cooker. Stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cover and cook for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Season with salt, if needed, and serve with cooked rice.
This post was originally created in 2014, and updated in 2019 for reader enhancement and recipe updating.
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.