This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCormickONEatMeijer #CollectiveBias
Beer Cheese Chicken Skillet is a weeknight friendly meal that is packed with flavor. Tender chicken breasts, beer, sharp cheddar, a touch of cream, and McCormick® ONE Seasoning Mix makes an easy meal that everyone will love.
We love to mix-up dinner at our house, but not sacrifice a lot of time on weeknights. McCormick® ONE Seasoning Mixes are made with McCormick seasonings, and are perfect for an easy prep dinner that will be loved by the entire family. I love the variety of mixes from Farmer’s Market to Creamy Chicken and Vegetable to Chicken Parmesan- all prepared in one pan! There is also no MSG and no artificial flavors.
This recipe for Beer Cheese Chicken Skillet is easy on prep and easy clean-up- both important for weeknight cooking. This is a recipe that will not give you a laundry list of ingredients either- just simple and delicious. I love homemade meals, and it is far easier on the weeknight with a little help from McCormick® ONE Seasoning Mixes.
This chicken skillet is packed with flavor. The recipe calls for chicken breasts- which cook beautifully in a skillet. The chicken is seasoned exclusively with McCormick® ONE Seasoning Mix: Farmer’s Market. The sauce is a delicious pan sauce using the chicken drippings, garlic, beer, chicken broth, and cream. The chicken is finished in the sauce and is absolutely delicious.
This is a wonderful meal for a fall evening to enjoy with family. Another plus is that the leftover (if there are any) are wonderful for lunch the following day! I not only love an easy one-pan meal, but I love when it makes a weekday lunchtime easier![easy-image-collage id=9174]
McCormick® ONE Seasoning Mix can be found at Meijer in the spice and baking isle. Check out all of the delicious options to make your family dinner easy and delicious! There are so many wonderful options deciding what to try first is the hardest part![easy-image-collage id=9175]
What do you need to make my Beer Cheese Chicken Skillet?
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- McCormick® ONE Seasoning Mix: Farmer’s Market
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream
- Sharp Cheddar
How do I make Beer Cheese Chicken Skillet?
- Season chicken with McCormick® ONE Seasoning Mix: Farmer’s Market on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in the skillet and cook on each side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and add the garlic. Cook for about a minute and whisk in the beer.
- Next, add the chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and lightly simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Whisk in the cheese.
- Add the chicken to the sauce, top with cheese, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Plate chicken with mashed potatoes and a seasonal veggie or salad. Drizzle beer cheese sauce on top of the chicken.
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use chicken thighs?
Yes, but you cook like will decrease and it is important to make sure that you are using a meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is properly cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
Will a non-alcoholic beer work?
Absolutely! I recommend a light beer with an NA beverage or an alcoholic beer.
Can I use a different cheese besides sharp cheddar?
Yes, it will change the flavor profile, but pepper jack or a mild cheddar would be delicious.
I am having trouble with my chicken getting too much color in the skillet, what can I do?
Make sure that you do not have the heat too high. Also, if you are working with a larger chicken breast you may experience this because it is a longer cooking time. You may want to reduce the size of the chicken to make sure all pieces are evenly sized.
Can I use milk in place of cream?
Your sauce will not thicken properly without the cream. If you need to use milk I recommend a whole milk but, again, the thickness of the sauce will be impacted.
Looking for more delicious skillet and on-pan meals?
Beer Cheese Chicken Skillet
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 pieces)
- 1 pkg McCormick® ONE Seasoning Mix: Farmer's Market
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cup light beer
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Place chicken on a plate and season both sides with the contents of the McCormick® ONE Seasoning Mix: Farmer's Market.
- In a heavy bottomed skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Place chicken into the skillet and cook 5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the beer. Next, add the chicken broth and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer and additional 3-5 minutes to allow cream to thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon. Whisk in the cheese till melted.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, top with a little additional cheese and lightly simmer 5 minutes.
- Using an instant read thermometer, check chicken in thickest part of the breast to ensure that the internal temperature is 165°F.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and plate. Drizzle sauce over the top.