Slow Cooker Taco Chili is a delicious way to put a twist on family favorite. Filled with hearty meat, beans, taco seasonings, and veggies and topped with yummy taco toppings this will be everyone's new favorite chili.
It feels like fall is officially here and that means my slow cooker starts to get a workout. One of m favorite fall meals is classic chili. I swear by my tried and true Meaty Chili. It never fails me. I always have a few bags of it in my freezer so I can eat it when the mood hits.
However, sometimes I like to change things a bit and try new flavors. One of my favorites is my Slow Cooker Taco Chili. This recipe could not get easier, and the flavors are incredible every time I make it. This chili always gets rave reviews because it is a little different than the norm, and it joins forces with the family favorite- tacos.
This recipe is slow cooked and packed with lots of goodies! It is tomato based and filled with chili beans, kidney beans, green chilies, taco seasoning, onion, jalapenos, green pepper, and beer. It is so delicious after getting hours of slow cooking time to get the flavors to blend perfectly.
Welcome to our #ChiliCookOff!
We have delicious recipes from across the country to get your chili making to the next level of delicious!
- Slow Cooker Taco Chili by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- White Bean Turkey Chili by Sweet Beginnings
- Frito Pie Chili by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Buckeye Chili by The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet Hot Pepper Jelly Ground Beef & Bean Chili by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Steak Fajita Chili by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Garden Fresh Chili by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- BBQ Beef Brisket Chili by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Classic Chili Recipe by Our Crafty Mom
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili by Kate's Recipe Box
What do I need to make Slow Cooker Taco Chili?:
- Ground Beef
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Diced Tomatoes
- Green Chilies
- Chili Beans
- Kidney Beans
- Taco Seasoning
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Chopped Onion
- Green Pepper
- Light Beer
- Onion, Cilantro, Sour Cream, Tomatoes, Cheese, and Olives for optional topping
- Slow Cooker
- Soup Ladle
- Frying Pan
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use ground turkey in place of beef?
Sure thing! Sub on a 1:1 ratio
I am not a fan of spice- can I leave out the jalapeno?
Absolutely! You could add another bell pepper in place if you like, or omit it.
I don't like kidney beans can I double the chili beans?
Yes, or you could add Great Northern or Navy Beans in place.
Any other topping you can suggest?
Sure, I also love diced avocado and corn chips!
Cooking for more chili recipes?!
Slow Cooker Taco Chili
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes
- 16 oz chili beans
- 16 oz kidney beans, rinsed
- 4 oz diced green chilies
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ⅔ cup light beer
- Toppings: corn chips, chopped cilantro, sliced olives, diced onion, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
- In a frying pan, cook the ground beef till not longer pink. Drain the oil and place beef into the slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve with toppings: Toppings: corn chips, chopped cilantro, sliced olives, diced onion, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
Love how thick and filling this chili is. It looks wonderful.
I love the side by side before and after photos! This chili sounds delicious with all of the tasty ingredients and taco seasoning.
Colleen - Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
My favorite way to eat chili! All trashed up!!!
This looks so fresh and tasty! I could totally dig into a bowl!
Chili is go-to comfort food in our house, and I love how easy it is to make in the slow cooker. This one looks delicious Ashley! So hearty and generously filled with veggies and beans!
Beer? In chili??? That's interesting! This chili looks amazing - so chunky, yet there's so much moisture too, which I really love in a chili. This is going in my slow cooker first thing in the morning so that we can have a very tasty Monday night dinner!
I am definitely going to make this for a new take on Taco Tuesday! Great weeknight meal.
I love the taco seasonings! I could totally see this one wrapped up as a chili burrito.