All the favors of a chili cooked slow and low, but adapted to be weeknight friendly! Pasta, lean ground beef, tomatoes beans, seasoning. cheese, and sour cream make a meal perfect for a chilly night, or a game day gathering!
We love chili in our house, and during the winter and fall some variation in on our menu at least a few times per month. My kiddos love pasta with their chili, and I knew I needed to create a- pasta rich- weeknight friendly recipe for one of our favorite meals.
My chili mac is so delicious, and it is even better than you though because it uses only ONE pot. There is nothing that makes my busy weeknights better than less dishes piled in my sink! This is also true for me when it come to entertaining during a Packer game- this meal is great for a minimal fuss meal plan.
My Chili Mac is packed with lean ground beef, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pasta, chili beans, kidney beans, cheese, and sour cream. It is so yummy and one of my all-time favorite comfort foods.
Looking for more recipes for game day or to warm you as things get colder?!
Game Day Chili Recipes
- 6 Can Chili by Our Good Life
- Chili Con Carne with Chocolate by That Recipe
- Classic Chili with Beans by Sweet Beginnings
- Easy Book Club Chili by Art of Natural Living
- One-Pot Chili Mac by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Roasted Garlic Turkey Chili by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
What do you need to make One-Pot Chili Mac?
- Ground beef or turkey
- Chili Beans
- Kidney Beans
- Beef Broth
- Chili Powder and Garlic Powder
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Heavy Bottom Pot
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of pasta can I use?
I like to use a large elbow noodle for this dish. I regular size will work as well. I avoid smaller pasta types because they will breakdown in cooking.
Can I use just chili beans or leave the beans out?
I love beans in chili, but if you are not a fan you can leave them our or substitute them as needed.
I do not like spicy- it there a lot of heat in this dish?
No, this is very mild. If you happen to be on the opposite side and like spice you can add a little diced jalapeno.
Looking for even more delicious chili recipes!?
One-Pot Chili Mac
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 16 oz can mild or medium chili beans
- 16 oz can light kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbl chili powder
- 1 Tbl garlic powder
- 8 oz shaped uncooked pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream and cheese, for topping
- In a medium to large pot, brown the ground beef. Drain excess grease and add remaining ingredients besides the pasta. Lightly simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta, cover and cook till pasta is tender stirring a few times to avoid sticking while the pasta cooks. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately. Top portions with sour cream and grated cheese.
This post was originally created in 2015, and updated in 2019 for reader enhancement and recipe updating.
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.