Did you watch the end of the Packer game last night? Thank goodness they thwarted my doubts when I was posting last night! If you didn’t see the Rogers to Rogers catch check it out here! I am hoping that this will turn around our slump and we will come back with more victories!
I am so happy it is Friday! This week felt so long because of the extra long weekend. I always think it makes the work week drraaaggggg!
I made this delicious one-pot meal a short time ago and it is now one of my favorites. I love one-pot and I love chili. However, my chili take awhile to make and is not exactly weeknight friendly. I came up with this recipe so I could enjoy one of my favorite meal one a weeknight with hardly any fuss or clean up. My family loved this meal and Kellen even went in for seconds. I know when my toddler asks for another plate it must be good! I really liked this for leftovers for our lunches as well and was happy it didn’t get too dry when re-heated- sometimes I find that is an issue with one pot meals. I like to top mine with a little sour cream and cheese, but if you have other favorite chili toppings they will be just as delicious.
Tonight, we are laying low and relaxing. Tomorrow we have a busy day of cookie making and Ron’s work holiday party. Sunday I am headed to Door County with my friend Emily for a baby shower for an old friend and former college roomie…. I really need to fit laundry in there and a little holiday baking too! Have a great weekend everyone!
One-Pot Chili Mac
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 16 oz can mild or medium chili beans
- 16 oz can light kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbl chili powder
- 1 Tbl garlic powder
- 8 oz shaped uncooked pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream and cheese, for topping
In a medium to large pot, brown the ground beef. Drain excess grease and add remaining ingredients besides the pasta. Lightly simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta, cover and cook till pasta is tender stirring a few times to avoid sticking while the pasta cooks. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately. Top portions with sour cream and grated cheese.