Pumpkins, trick or treat, and scary masks are the influence behind my Michael Myer's Pumpkin Cupcakes. A pumpkin spice cupcake, stuffed with caramel, topped with a vanilla butter, and Michael's signature weapon. As Dr. Loomis said of the king of Halloween horror- "He came home".
I received products from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
This is my last post for Halloween Treats Week and I needed to end with the ultimate classic, Halloween. Michael Myers is a fixture in Halloween horror, and my Michael Myer's Pumpkin Cupcakes are the perfect way to bring a little fear to dessert. These are a fantastic Halloween movie inspired recipe!
I remember the first time I saw Halloween, and I can still hear the creepy and catchy music. Halloween is my favorite spooky Halloween movie. I love the little details of it, and the little jumps that get us prepped for the grand finale. The mystery behind the man is what makes the movies so intriguing to me, and make me excited for a Halloween marathon in October.
Michael Myer's Pumpkin Cupcakes are delicious, as well as spooky. I use a simple shortcut with a boxed spice cake, but I add pumpkin to the mix for a seasonal treat- and who could forget that giant pumpkin in Halloween. After baking, I stuff these cupcakes with a little caramel from Lite House. I top with a vanilla butter cream- which I use Adam's Vanilla Extract. Dixie Crystals sugar, sprinkle black jimmies from Sweets and Treats. I finally finish it with a Michael's signature knife from Wilton!
What are your favorite Halloween traditions? Do you carve pumpkins? Horror movie bingefest? Trick or Treat? Pumpkin Patch? Haunted House? I love all of the different traditions and malarkey that Halloween brings!
Looking for more delicious Halloween offerings?!
Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies
Pumpkin Ham and Cheese Pockets
Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
Vampire Bat Cupcakes from Big Bear's Wife
Michael Myer's Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 15.25 oz box super moist spice cake mix
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup caramel for dipping or topping
- Candy Knives
For Butter Cream
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 6-7 cups powdered sugar
- ¼-1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place 24 cupcake liners into a 24 dozen muffin tin. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, and oil till smooth.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin so it is about ¾ the way up the tin.
- Bake 15-17 minutes. Test with a toothpick. When inserted into the center the toothpick should only have a few crumbs.
- Cool completely before frosting.
For Butter Cream:
- While cakes cool, mix and confectioners' sugar together with a stand electric mixer. Mix in vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Add milk by the tablespoon, blending well after each addition, until it reaches spreading consistency. If you need to use more milk please add slowly.
- Once cakes are cool, cut a small portion of cake in the middle. Place about a teaspoon of caramel in the center.
- Place frosting in a pipping bag and frost the cupcakes.
- Add black or red sprinkles and place candy knives on the cupcakes.
I love those movies but the knives on top are so creepy!
I love the caramel surprise inside and your elegant swirly icing with one color sprinkles. Elegant,!
Oh these are awesome!!!
Jaida ~ Sweet Beginnings
These are the best Halloween cupcakes EVER!! Love the little candy knives on top!
Those knives have me laughing. They're so fun and creepy at the same time. The cupcakes look delicious.