Fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onion mixed with kalmata olives and feta tossed with a herbed red wine vinaigrette make a salad that is perfect for any occasion.
This recipe was something I put together for casual meal with my family as a side when we grilled marinated chicken. This recipe is so easy to put together- just a little chopping.
I use a homemade red wine oregano vinaigrette with a little olive brine for the dressing. However, this salad would be delicious plain or even with a little balsamic or other flavored vinegar.
I like to add a little brine to mine because I love the olive flavor, but you prefer it not as strong you can certainly omit it from the dressing.
The flavors are so fresh an yummy, and this salad stores really well in the fridge and can be made 1-2 days in advance.
I love using feta for this salad, but a sprinkle of Parmesan would be delicious as well.
When we grill I always like to have some type of veggie to serve with our meal, and it is even better when it can be raw and it makes my prep so much easier.
What do I need to make Mediterranean Cucumber Salad?
- cherry tomatoes
- Kalmata olives
- red onion
- crumbled feta cheese
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- dried oregano
- kalmata olive brine
- ground black pepper
How do I make Mediterranean Cucumber Salad?[easy-image-collage id=12799]
Place cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and onion in a large bowl that can be covered.
Whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano brine, and pepper.
Gently toss the veggies in the dressing, and chill for 30-60 minutes.
Gently stir in the feta cheese and serve.[easy-image-collage id=12800]
Looking for more delicious fresh salads?
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Mediterranean Cucumber Salad
- 2 large cucumbers quartered lengthwise and chopped
- ¾ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup halved Kalmata olives
- 2 tablespoon chopped red onion
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kalmata olive brine from jar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and onion in a large bowl that can be covered. Whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano brine, and pepper. Gently toss the veggies in the dressing, and chill for 30-60 minutes. Gently stir in the feta cheese and serve.
- Alabama Cobb Salad by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Chicken Cobb Salad with Berries by Sweet Beginnings
- Chicken Fajita Salads with Queso by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Copycat Buddy's Antipasto Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Easy Greek Salad by Making Miracles
- Fields of Naboo Salad by Simply Inspired Meals
- Mediterranean Cucumber Salad by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Shrimp and Macaroni Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Smoked Fish Caesar Salad by Art of Natural Living
- Southwestern Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing by That Recipe
- Zucchini Salad with Queso Fresco by Karen's Kitchen Stories