Red and green grapes tossed in a creamy sweet vanilla dressing. Topped with a salty sweet pecan and brown sugar mix make a permanent summer BBQ favorite.
This is my last day of #BBQWeek, and it has been so much fun! Honestly, I love doing events like this because I just love to see the creativity of my friends, and get a ton of new recipes to try this summer!
For my final #BBQWeek recipe I am sharing one of my very favorite potluck fruit salad recipes, Easy Creamy Grape Salad. This salad is always a crowd pleaser, and I absolutely love bringing it to a cookout to share.
- Asian Inspired Short Rib Burger by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Best Margarita Recipe by Family Around the Table
- Crying Tiger by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Easy Creamy Grape Salad by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Easy Pistachio Cupcakes with Pistachio Frosting by Daily Dish Recipes
- Grilled Doughnuts with Strawberry Basil Dip by Kate's Recipe Box
- Hawaiian Chicken Sliders by The Beard and The Baker
- Key Lime Pie Mojitos by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Lime Curd Frozen Custard by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pimm's Cup Cocktail by Caroline's Cooking
- Savory Garlic Grilled Potatoes by Palatable Pastime
- Shortcake Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Smoked BBQ Pork Steaks by Our Good Life
- Smoky Homemade Baked Beans by Food Above Gold
- Sugar Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Texas Sheet Cake by The Spiffy Cookie
- Tuscan Style Tuna Steaks by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Fruit salad is typically a last minute thought, or a giant tray from the grocery store. I love this side dish because it is a different twist on fruit salad. Grapes are the perfect fruit for this because they give a sweet, yet tangy, flavor to the salad. The creamy dressing is almost a cheesecake flavor, and the sweet nutting topping makes the perfect bite.
Like I said, I love to bring this to a party. People have either enjoyed this salad before, or it is new to them and they can't get enough of it! It is positively addictive, cool, refreshing, and satisfies any sweet tooth.
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Frequently Asked Questions!
Can I use all green or all red grapes?
Of course, either color or a mix will work!
Can I use chopped almonds or walnuts for my topping?
Yes, an alternative nut might slightly change the flavor, but substituting the nuts is just fine.
Can I use fat-free or reduced fat products for the dressing?
I have not tested with recipe with reduced-fat or fat-free products. I imagine they will work, but the texture and flavor might be different.
How long does the salad keep after it is prepared?
I recommend to eat the salad within 3-4 days.
Here are a few products to help you get started on your salad!
Check out my other recipes from #BBQWeek!
Easy Creamy Grape Salad
- 4 cups green grapes
- 4 cups red grapes
- 8 oz plain cream cheese, softened to room temp
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 ½ tbsps brown sugar
- With a hand mixer, mix cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Gently stir grapes into the cream cheese mixture. Spoon into a large serving dish. Allow the salad to chill in the fridge for an hour. The salad can be kept in the fridge a day before serving if needed.
- Just prior to serving the salad, mix the pecans and brown sugar together in a small bowl. Sprinkle pecan mixture over the salad and serve.