Banana Zucchini Crumble Bread is a delicious way to use the garden harvest. Moist, full of flavor, and topped with a buttery crumble makes this a forever family favorite.
I love baking as fall approaches. I think the garden goodies from late summer are fantastic for baking and cooking, and one of my favorites is zucchini! My recipe for Banana Zucchini Crumble Bread is probably one of my favorite tried and true recipes- perfect for the loads of zucchini in gardens and at farmer’s markets right now. This bread is so moist, and topped is a delicious buttery brown sugar topping that is so so so good.
The other day I made a banana bread recipe that everyone on social media raved was amazing. I was hesitant because the recipe called for 3 ripe bananas and over a cup of sugar. I was hesitant that it would be way to sweet. So, I made the bread and it was a disaster. I cooked it almost an hour and it sank and was soooooo sweet. I am still not sure what went wrong, but I immediately made this recipe because it never had failed me, and is so delicious. Don’t we all need those tried and recipes- I know that I do!
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
What do you need to make Banana Zucchini Crumble Bread?
- Bananas- RIPE!
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- 9×5 Bread Pan
- Bread Storage
Frequently Asked Questions
I only have 1 banana, can I still make this bread?
Yes, the banana flavor will not be as strong, and I suggest adding an additional 1/2 cup of grated zucchini.
Can I sub vegetable oil for the melted butter in the bread?
Yes, vegetable oil can be subbed for melted butter.
Can I leave off the crumble topping?
Yes- if you want less joy in your life you can omit it.
Can I use applesauce in place of the oil?
Yes you can sub 1:1 with applesauce.
Can I use granulated sugar for the crumble?
Yes, you can use white sugar and not the brown sugar.
Can I freeze this bread?
Yes. Wrap in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer safe sealable bag.
Looking for more yummy baked goods!?
- Banana Toffee Bread
- English Muffin Bread
- Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Cranberry Banana Muffins
- Pizza Muffins
Banana Zucchini Crumble Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsps all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- Pre heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, zucchini, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana/zucchini mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles a coarse crumble. Sprinkle topping over bread.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick come out clean. Allow bread to cool before removing from the baking dish.
This post was originally created in 2012, and updated in 2019 for reader enhancement and recipe updating.
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.