I am sharing a delicious quick bread recipe: Banana Toffee Bread. This bread is so simple and is made all in one mixing bowl using your stand mixer (hand help will work as well). This bread is my favorite quick bread ever, and that is saying something because I make a lot of quick breads!
This bread is loaded with sweet ripe bananas, brown sugar, and butter toffee pieces. The result is a sweet, rich, buttery, caramelized banana bread.
Be prepared to have everyone asking you for the recipe! It is a great bread to give as a gift during the holidays because who doesn't love banana bread AND toffee. Another plus is that is freezes really well, and it nice to make and save to enjoy later.
Don't forget to enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post. This giveaway is a little different because we are not sponsored. Just a group of bloggers who want to share some of out favorite things with our readers....like stand mixers and banana bread.
Banana Toffee Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Using a paddle attachment, mash the bananas in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the sugars, oil and egg to the bananas. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix into went ingredients on low speed until just combined. Add the toffee bits and gently mix to combine.
- Grease a 9-inch loaf pan lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pour batter evenly into the pan. Bake 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes before removing bread from the pan.