Weeknight Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 a medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 large fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbl Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbl sugar
- 1-2 lbs spaghetti, depending on how many you are feeding
Brown beef, with onion and garlic in a medium pot.
Once beef is not longer pink, add tomato paste and red wine. Stir well to combine.
Add diced and crushed tomatoes.
Add basil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and sugar. Stir, cover, and lightly simmer for about 15 minutes before you prepare the pasta.
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Allow sauce to simmer as pasta cooks, stirring as needed.
Drain pasta. Plate pasta and top with sauce and Parmesan if desired.
This recipe makes enough sauce for about 2 pounds of pasta.