Dill Pickle Pasta Salad with Ham. This is the best pasta salad- creamy, lots of dill, and pickles. A great recipe for leftover ham!
It is no secret that I love pickles. I am especially fond of dill pickles. I have amazing memories of making pickles at my grandma’s house. Those are still my favorite pickles. I think that is the one of those times that you have a strong emotional attachment to a food or flavor because of an experience, and it creates a memory where you can almost taste the food.
Sometimes my family likes to have an unconventional Easter meal, and we grill brats and burgers. Now, I love pasta salad when we grill, and I decided that Dill Pickle Pasta Salad with Ham is the perfect side dish. Ham is there for the traditionalists, but it is also a great way to use leftover ham from the holiday.
This recipe uses tart dill pickles, sharp cheddar, fresh herbs, savory ham, and pasta in a creamy sauce. I love the zesty dill flavors with the creamy sauce! The textures of all the different mix-ins work perfectly together for a new family favorite pasta salad for all the pickle lovers in your life!
Today, with a few blogging friends, we are sharing a few of our favorite Easter recipes!
- Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Quiche by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad with Ham by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Easter M&M’s Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Smoked Salmon Dill Scones by Art of Natural Living
- Sweet and Sour Sausage by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Helpful tools to make your own amazing pasta salad!
In other news, Rowan is 3 on Tuesday! I can hardly believe my baby is going to be 3. It honestly feels like he was just born. In true Rowan fashion he has requested a cat birthday. He also asked for cat ears, and lucky for him his mother is a cat lover, and we all have cat ears for his party. There is also a cat cake. Lucky kiddo- I want a cat birthday party! He is also having pizza at his party so naturally he is thrilled. Again, same.
Looking for more delicious Spring salads!?
Dill Pickle Pasta Salad with Ham
- 1 lb uncooked medium pasta shells
- 8 dill pickle spears, chopped
- 3 tbsp dill relish
- 2/3 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 8 oz chopped ham
- 1 1/2 tbsps chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups mayo
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and allow the pasta to cool for about 20 minutes.
- After pasta has had a chance to cool, place the pasta in a large bowl. Add pickles, relish, cheese, and ham. Gently story the ingredients till combined.
- Add sour cream, mayo, dill, and pepper. Stir gently till evenly mixed. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
This post contains affiliate links. I make a small commission from sales that result through these links, at no cost to you. By using these links, you help to support this site and my family.