This week is going to be really fun because it is:
Thanks Pintertest Kitchen for putting this together! Click here to read more about #CookoutWeek and our killer giveaway (grill, mixer, delicious products- even duck!).
Cooking out is a big part of our family traditions! We grill for almost every Packer game, family get together, Easter, and Valentine’s day. It is also my go-to for busy nights with my boys activities. I love having a prepped and made side dish to go with our feast. It is also a plus if it can use seasonal ingredients since, at least in my neck of the woods, that is one of the best things about summer. I used my recipe for pesto, but a prepared variety will work fine. I love using Bocconcini for this pasta salad because it is the perfect sized bite. If you have trouble finding them I would use the larger ball of mozzarella and cut it into bite sized pieces. The flavors in this pasta salad are so simple, but so delicious with an an entree hot off the grill. I like to serve this with our old standby- brats. Or I have serves it with garlic herb marinated grilled pork tenderloin and Italian marinated grilled chicken.
Don’t forget to enter the contest by clicking the clink above! I will be sharing a new cook out inspired recipe each day the contest runs- so check back! I have drinks, burgers, sides, and kabobs coming at your this week! Check out the hop below to see more #cookoutweek recipes!
Pesto Caprese Pasta Salad
Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 1 pound shaped pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz Bocconcini, small balls of mozzarella
- 3 large basil leaves, chiffonade
- One cup mayo
- 1/2 cup Pesto
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cool water to cool. Transfer to a large bowl. Make sure the bowl allows enough room to stir the ingredients together without spilling.
- Mix pesto and mayo together and gently stir in with the pasta. Gently fold the tomatoes, basil, and cheese into the pasta. I like to reserve a small amount of tomatoes, cheese, and basil for topping, but this is optional and it can all be mixed in the to salad.
- Chill for about 30 minutes before serving.