These days easy meals are my best friend and caught my eye because I knew Ron and Kellen would both love it. Taco night is a big hit at our house and it is nice to switch things up a bit with one of our favorite flavors.
This recipe called for ranch style beans and I had never heard of the before and was worried that I would not find them. However, they were right by the baked beans in a can with a black label at my grocery store. This recipe comes together nice and fast is delicious! We added out favorite taco topping to our plates and it was perfect for our taco loving family.
Have a great week everyone!
Taco Rice Bake
- 1 ½ cups uncooked instant white rice
- 2 ½ cups water, divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 15 oz can ranch style beans
- 10 oz canned diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1.25 oz packet of taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Tomatoes, olives, sour cream and chopped cilantro, for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add rice. Cover and remove from heat. Let rice sit for 5 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- While rice is cooking, cook beef and onions in a large skillet and drain grease when meat completely cooked.
- Add beans, tomatoes, soup, taco seasoning and ½ cup water. Stir and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and 1 cup cheddar cheese to the beef. Spread beef and rice into the baking dish. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, plate and top with desired taco toppings.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken
Tried this recipe? I'd love to see it! Mention @CheeseCurdInParadise or tag #cheesecurdinparadise on Instagram!