Ron and I love Italian Wedding Soup and when I came across this recipe from Taste of Home I knew we had to give it a try. I made a few changes to the recipe as listed below. The original recipe called for chicken and meatballs, but I omitted the chicken. I also added a little more broth, and reduced the cheese and adjusted how it is added to the dish.
Ron, the boys, and I loved how this recipe turned out. The flavors were very similar to the soup and I loved to ease of the recipe on a weeknight! Warning to all- this recipe makes a lot of food, and can easily serve several adults. However, lucky for us the leftovers are very tasty.
This morning I am going to go sweat at a Pure Empower class at Pure Barre and continue our clutter sorting. We are getting ready to list out house (sad), and are de-cluttering….. not fun. We have looked at a few houses and they are flying off the market so fast! We originally thought we wanted the house to be move-in ready, but we have adjusted a bit and decided that we want to do some renovations and it has allowed us have more homes to choose from. Tomorrow night we are headed to a friends house (and fellow mom to a group of boys) for tacos, playtime, and a few drinks.
I am tried and am trying a few new thing this week. One of my good buddies let me observe macron making this week, and it was so fun. If you are a long time reader you know my love of macrons, and I was excited to watch the process. She makes it look so easy…. I got to fill them and of course taste test. Check out my Instragram @cheesecurdinparadise to see the delicious photos. I also ordered shampoo and conditioner from Function of Beauty. I have heard a few good reviews on the personalized hair products, and decided to give them a try. I will report back on my personalized picks and how I liked the products after I get a chance to use them. One of the steps is to name the product and it displays on the bottle as “function of ________”. Mine says function of khaleesi.- just saying in the event it makes me channel the mother of dragons. Finally, my baby turns 2 on Monday….how did that happen….these kids need to understand their mother can’t deal with how fast they are growing up….
Have a happy Easter friends!
Italian Wedding Soup Skillet
- 2 cups uncooked ditalini pasta
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 24 oz package frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs thawed
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, carrot and celery in oil until tender. Add the meatballs, soup, spinach, broth, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and 1/3 cup cheese, and stir. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.