Homemade French Onion Dip is quick and easy for a snack or entertaining. Use a homemade onion soup mix or one from the store for a delicious family favorite!
Growing up who made onion dip with the onion soup packets? *Raises hand*. Who still makes onion dip with the onion soup packets *Raises hand*. I take it as we have a shared love of that traditional dip!
I love to make onion dip for a late night snack, and I use traditional packets from the store, but I also love to make my Homemade French Onion Dip with my DIY Homemade Onion Soup Mix. Both options are delicious, but I really enjoy the flavors of my homemade version.
This recipe is so easy- sour cream and onion soup mix. So simple and so delicious. A quick mix and a quick rest in the fridge are all that it takes.
I serve my dip with traditional ruffled potato chips, but veggies or other chip varieties are delicious as well.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE FRENCH HOMEMADE ONION DIP?
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 recipe of DIY Onion Soup Mix
- Potato Chips
HOW DO YOU MAKE HOMEMADE FRENCH ONION DIP?
- Mix sour cream and onion soup till smooth. Place covered in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with potato chips.
LOOKING FOR MORE DIP RECIPES?
If you’ve tried my HOMEMADE FRENCH ONION DIP or any other recipe on Cheese Curd In Paradise please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
All About the Onion
- Caramelized Onion Chip Dip by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- French Onion Soup by Making Miracles
- German Onion Cake by That Recipe
- Gruyere and Caramelized Onion Tarts by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Homemade French Onion Dip by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mongolian Beef by Palatable Pastime
- Onion Bagels by Art of Natural Living
- Pork and Green Onion Chow Fun by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Quick Pickled Green Onions by Veggies First Then Dessert
This post was originally created in 2015, and updated in 2020 for reader enhancement and recipe updating.
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.