Garlic Parmesan Noodles are a one-pot side dish ready in 10-minutes! Simple, creamy, and perfect for a busy weeknight and approved by the entire family!
If you are like me you struggle to find quick and easy side dishes that are cost effective and get an approval from the family. Sometimes, I find myself in a rut with sides and am thanking my lucky stars for recipes like these Garlic Parmesan Noodles!
This pasta side is made in 10-minutes all in one pot! So little fuss for a side dish that is packed with flavor. Thanks to the angel hair pasta for a quick cook, and lots of yummy garlic and cheese this dish can be a compliment to so many different meals!
This pasta is a fast choice for me during the school year, and on weeknights get full of activities. We are definitely a family that frequents a drive-thru on a busy night, but it is all about balance. For us, some nights mean balancing cheeseburgers and fries for the kids, and others means these beautiful noodles, a grilled chicken breast or pork chop, and some veggies.
My boys love this pasta- although they prefer it without the green onion on top, and there are typically very few leftovers after they are finished eating.
What do you need to make Garlic Parmesan Noodles?
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Garlic Cloves
- Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- Uncooked Angel Hair Pasta
- Parmesan Cheese
- Whole Milk
- Black Pepper
- Fresh Green Onions
How do I make Garlic Parmesan Noodles?
- In a medium pot, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Make sure you frequently stir to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and let it come to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook till tender (about 4 minutes).
- Take the pot from the heat and add the parmesan. Stir until the cheese has completely melted. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the milk and green onion. Stir
- The pasta will thicken as it cools so allow it to sit for a minute or two before serving. Season with additional salt and pepper is needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes, but it will impact cook time and it will take longer.
Can I use half and half in place of the whole milk? What about 2% or skim milk?
Yes, the pasta sauce will be even creamier and a touch sweeter. I have not tested this recipe with 2% or skim, but it will not result the sauce being as creamy.
Can I use something in place of the onion?
Yes, I recommend chopped parsley or chives.
Looking for more delicious weeknight sides?!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Garlic Parmesan Noodles
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz uncooked angel hair pasta (half box)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced green onion
In a medium pot, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Make sure you frequently stir to prevent the garlic from burning.
Add the chicken broth to the pot.
Increase the heat to medium-high and let it come to a boil.
Add the pasta and cook till tender (about 4 minutes).
Take the pot from the heat and add the parmesan. Stir until the cheese has completely melted. Add salt and pepper.
Add the milk and green onion. Stir
The pasta will thicken as it cools so allow it to sit for a minute or two before serving. Season with additional salt and pepper is needed.
Adapted from Happily Unprocessed