Spring time is here and so is asparagus season! Creamy Asparagus Risotto with hints of fresh dill, and citrus! This recipe is a perfect for a holiday table, or to pair with freshly grilled salmon or chicken!
I love to make risotto and it is no secret that I love different flavor combinations when it comes to my risotto- I have made everything from Eggs Benedict Risotto to Bone Broth Risotto to Chicken Piccata Risotto! I love the opportunity to be creative with a risotto recipe! Risotto is a great dish because it is versatile, and great with any meal.
My recipe for Asparagus Risotto with Dill has a few things that make it extra special. First, I use a touch of cream in this recipe. Typically, risotto does not use cream, but I wanted a luscious, creamy, and rich risotto, and that is exactly what I got with this recipe. The dill and the citrus are great in this creamy dish because it keeps it feeling light, and not weighing you down- plus it is great with grilled proteins.
If you haven’t made risotto before do not be intimidated by the rumors of it being a difficult dish. Is it a dish that requires a little attention, sure, but it is we worth the time, and it is actually very easy to put together.
I love to make this recipe and serve it with grilled salmon or chicken, but this risotto is delicious as a stand alone dish as well. A tip to make this into a vegetarian friendly side is to use vegetable stock in place of the chicken broth.
Follow me on Twitter more more tasty happenings!
Check out MORE delicious springtime sides from some of my friends!
Springtime Side Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Almondine by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Asparagus Leek & Potato Chowder by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cilantro Lime Rice with Snow Peas by Art of Natural Living
- Creamy Asparagus Risotto with Dill by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Honey Roasted Carrots with Lemon and Herbs by Palatable Pastime
- Kicked Up Coleslaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus by Sweet Beginnings
- Sautéed Sesame-Soy Fiddlehead Ferns and Asparagus by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Spring Pasta Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Young Asparagus with Lemon Dipping sauce by Our Good Life
These looks so delicious!
Here are a few products I suggest to make your risotto making a breeze:
These are great staples to get start with your risotto making!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?!
Do you want a few more delicious risotto recipes?! Of course you do!
Creamy Asparagus Risotto with Dill
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsps chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsps heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add onions; cook 1-2 minutes and add garlic. Stir in rice, and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of stock is absorbed before adding the next. With the last portion of stock stir in the asparagus, dill, and lemon zest.
- When liquid is absorbed, remove from heat, stir in cream and Parmesan. Squeeze a lemon over the top and season with salt.
- Garnish with additional dill and Parmesan, if desired, and serve.
This post contains affiliate links. I make a small commission from sales that result through these links, at no cost to you. By using these links, you help to support this site and my family.