This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
I am kicking off spring with one of my favorite recipes for cheesecake- Carrot Cake Swirl Cheesecake.
This cheesecake is the best of both worlds. a perfectly spiced moist cake, swirled together with a rich creamy vanilla cheesecake. Topped with a cream cheese topping and some nuts this cheesecake is a must have for any holiday or spring time table.
This recipe has a few steps, but is really easy, and the cake is very forgiving for baking. Sometimes cheesecake can be a bit temperamental, but this cheesecake comes out perfect each time!
Spring Sweets Week is lucky enough to have Dixie Crystals as one of our gold sponsors. I used their Pure Cane Sugar in my cheesecake. Dixie Crystals has been providing pure cane products since 1917, and we are so fortunate for their generosity for Spring Sweets Week!
There are so many delicious offerings for Spring Sweets Week- check it out!
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- A PEEP into the Upcoming #SpringSweetsWeek Festivities by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Blueberry Shortbread by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Carrot Cake Balls by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Cake Nest Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Swirl Cheesecake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Coconut Lemon Pound Cake by The Crumby Kitchen
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Easy Marshmallow Popcorn Balls by House of Nash Eats
- Easy Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars by Creative Southern Home
- Healthier Orange Julius Copycat by Simply Inspired Meals
- Individual Italian Easter Breads by Cookaholic Wife
- Lemon Blueberry Croissant Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Blueberry Scones by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Lemon Cream Pie by Home Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Ricotta Stuffed Crepes with Cherry Syrup by Cooking With Carlee
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mini Strawberry Mousse Tarts by A Savory Feast
- Orange Pineapple Nice Cream Pops by Crumb Top Baking
- PB&J PEEPSomars by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Peach Blueberry Upside Down Cake by The Tip Garden
- Peeps Shortbread Checkerboard by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Roasted Strawberry Mousse Tart by The Gingered Whisk
- Soft Frosted Lemon Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Spring Fruit and Rice Krispies Treat Kabobs by Blogghetti
- Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie by Books n' Cooks
- Sweet Breakfast Crepes by The Speckled Palate
- Toasted Pound Cake by Our Good Life
- Vanilla Bean Dutch Baby with Strawberry Hibiscus Syrup by The Baking Fairy
- White Chocolate Strawberry and Champagne Scones with Champagne Glaze by Family Around the Table
- White Cupcakes with Blueberry Frosting by Sweet Beginnings
- Xangos by Palatable Pastime
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Pinterest Instagram Facebook Twitter
Here are some helpful tools to make your cheesecake:
Looking for More Cheesecake deliciousness!?
Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Mini Churro Caramel Cheesecakes[easy-image-collage id=6755]
Carrot Cake Swirl Cheesecake
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 16 oz cream cheese, room tempurature
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup shredded carrots
Cream Cheese Topping
- 2 oz cream cheese, room tempurature
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Chopped pecans, for topping (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9-inch springform round baking fan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, and cream cheese till smooth.
- Next, mix in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and sour cream and stir till smooth. Set aside.
For Carrot Cake
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add oil, applesauce, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and wet ingredients until well mixed. Add carrots and mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour half of the carrot cake mixture into springform pan and spread evenly. Dollop a few ⅓ potions of the cheesecake on top of the carrot cake. Do not swirl or stir. Spoon remaining carrot cake mixture over the cheesecake layer. Finish by drizzling by the remaining cheesecake mixture over carrot cake layer.
- Bake in preheated oven 60 - 65 minutes, until center portion only jiggles slightly. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 hour. Cover with foil and chill over night.
Cream Cheese Topping:
- Once cake has sat in the fridge overnight make the cream cheese topping.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whip together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add remaining topping ingredients and mix until fluffy, about 4 - 5 minutes. Spread evenly over top of cheesecake then chill cheesecake in freezer for 20 - 30 minutes. Sprinkle top with chopped pecans, if desired.
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight (8) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Carrot cake is my husband's favorite! He will absolutely love this cheesecake version!
Love carrot cake cheesecake. The best of both worlds. Perfect Easter dessert.
Kylee from Kylee Cooks
This is the cheesecake of my dreams!
Carrot cake and cream cheese are such a match made in heaven, so this looks extra amazing. I can't wait to make one!
Simply Inspired Meals
What a fantastic combination, cheesecake and carrot cake! Wow, sinful and delicious.
This is the best of both favorite desserts!
This is the perfect Easter dessert! I love the idea of combining cheesecake and carrot cake into one dessert. It turned out beautifully!
I'm a total sucker for cheesecake. And carrot cake. I can't believe you put the two together. I'm putting this one on the list to make.
Oh man this looks so good. What a decadent Spring dessert
What a great recipe! I love this combo!
Who doesn't love cheesecake and carrot cake? I love that you combined them into one dish!
Valentina | The Baking Fairy
This dessert looks absolutely incredible! I am such a sucker for cheesecake. Wish I had a big slice!!
Leanne | Crumb Top Baking
I say this a lot this time of year, but carrot cake is my favourite! It's usually an Easter treat, but I also make and enjoy it year round. Loving this cheesecake spin on carrot cake!
Ashley, this is fantastic! I'm definitely making this for Easter!
This cheesecake is so gorgeous and sounds amazing. Your topping and the swirl are calling my name.
Oh my goodness. That swirl! This looks like a professional cheesecake (well, it is!) and I want to buy it up right now!
Baguio Restaurants by Mae
Not a huge fan of carrots but the photos are irresistible. Maybe this recipe would make me eat carrots.
One of my favorite ways to eat vegetables is in desserts 😉 This looks awesome!
Jaida ~ Sweet Beginnings
What a great combo. Pretty much anything cheesecake, I am on board! And carrot cake is perfect for spring!
Two great cake flavors together. Win win I'm in!
We love carrot cake and we love cheesecake. This is double fun in one recipe. I am sure we will all enjoy this beautiful cheesecake for spring gathering!
Heidy L. McCallum
Carrot Cake Cheesecake sounds to die for. I think I may make this for our dinner party as an after dinner treat. Thanks for providing well-written instructions to make this wonderful recipe. I am super excited to try it out.
I can't believe I've never made a cake/cheesecake combo before, yours looks incredible. I can't wait to try it!
i wish so much that I was eating this right now. It looks incredible. Two of my favorite things put together. what a great recipe!
This is not a 5 star it is more like a 10 star
FANTASTIC. Everyone thought i was a super baker Thank you
Whaaaaa???? how come I’ve never thought of this combo, two of my favorite cakes. can’t wait to try it!
Wow what a delicious cheese cake! We love carrot cakes and also cheese cakes to get both in single dessert in a jackpot! Looks amazing!
So clever to mix the two together to create this stunning cake!!! I am a big fan of carrot cake and cheesecake so I know this will be a drool worthy dessert for my Easter table!
Such a delicious cheesecake! Incredible way to enjoy the flavors of a carrot cake and everything cheesecake!
Liz @ Books n' Cooks
This looks and sounds delicious. My husband would eat cheesecake for every holiday, but I like that this is a seasonal twist on a classic.
I'm not sure if there's ever been a dessert that's spoken to me more than this dessert. Carrot cake and cheesecake are my ultimate weaknesses and combined?! I've officially entered dessert Heaven!
This looks AMAZING. Combining two of my favorite things - I can't wait to try it!
Huge fan of combination desserts, that way I don't have to choose!
Carrot cake and cheesecake together, brilliant!
Teri@The Freshman Cook
The perfect spring cheesecake with those delicious flavors all together!
Hey there is 2 measurements for the topping of sourcream and none for the cheese cake part which is the right one for both help! Lol
Sorry! It is adjusted to show the sour cream amount for the cheesecake!
Great combo dessert....Im planning on making this tomorrow...but I do have a ? on the recipe for the cream cheese topping..You have 2 listings of sour cream...1/3 cup & 1/2 tsp...would that be correct?
1/3 cup is what is needed for the topping.