This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
I am kicking off spring with one of my favorite recipes for cheesecake- Carrot Cake Swirl Cheesecake.
This cheesecake is the best of both worlds. a perfectly spiced moist cake, swirled together with a rich creamy vanilla cheesecake. Topped with a cream cheese topping and some nuts this cheesecake is a must have for any holiday or spring time table.
This recipe has a few steps, but is really easy, and the cake is very forgiving for baking. Sometimes cheesecake can be a bit temperamental, but this cheesecake comes out perfect each time!
Spring Sweets Week is lucky enough to have Dixie Crystals as one of our gold sponsors. I used their Pure Cane Sugar in my cheesecake. Dixie Crystals has been providing pure cane products since 1917, and we are so fortunate for their generosity for Spring Sweets Week!
There are so many delicious offerings for Spring Sweets Week- check it out!
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- A PEEP into the Upcoming #SpringSweetsWeek Festivities by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Blueberry Shortbread by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Carrot Cake Balls by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Cake Nest Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Swirl Cheesecake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Coconut Lemon Pound Cake by The Crumby Kitchen
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Easy Marshmallow Popcorn Balls by House of Nash Eats
- Easy Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars by Creative Southern Home
- Healthier Orange Julius Copycat by Simply Inspired Meals
- Individual Italian Easter Breads by Cookaholic Wife
- Lemon Blueberry Croissant Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Blueberry Scones by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Lemon Cream Pie by Home Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Ricotta Stuffed Crepes with Cherry Syrup by Cooking With Carlee
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mini Strawberry Mousse Tarts by A Savory Feast
- Orange Pineapple Nice Cream Pops by Crumb Top Baking
- PB&J PEEPSomars by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Peach Blueberry Upside Down Cake by The Tip Garden
- Peeps Shortbread Checkerboard by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Roasted Strawberry Mousse Tart by The Gingered Whisk
- Soft Frosted Lemon Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Spring Fruit and Rice Krispies Treat Kabobs by Blogghetti
- Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie by Books n' Cooks
- Sweet Breakfast Crepes by The Speckled Palate
- Toasted Pound Cake by Our Good Life
- Vanilla Bean Dutch Baby with Strawberry Hibiscus Syrup by The Baking Fairy
- White Chocolate Strawberry and Champagne Scones with Champagne Glaze by Family Around the Table
- White Cupcakes with Blueberry Frosting by Sweet Beginnings
- Xangos by Palatable Pastime
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
Here are some helpful tools to make your cheesecake:
Looking for More Cheesecake deliciousness!?
Carrot Cake Swirl Cheesecake
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 16 oz cream cheese, room tempurature
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup shredded carrots
Cream Cheese Topping
- 2 oz cream cheese, room tempurature
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Chopped pecans, for topping (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9-inch springform round baking fan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, and cream cheese till smooth.
- Next, mix in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and sour cream and stir till smooth. Set aside.
For Carrot Cake
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add oil, applesauce, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and wet ingredients until well mixed. Add carrots and mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour half of the carrot cake mixture into springform pan and spread evenly. Dollop a few ⅓ potions of the cheesecake on top of the carrot cake. Do not swirl or stir. Spoon remaining carrot cake mixture over the cheesecake layer. Finish by drizzling by the remaining cheesecake mixture over carrot cake layer.
- Bake in preheated oven 60 - 65 minutes, until center portion only jiggles slightly. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 hour. Cover with foil and chill over night.
Cream Cheese Topping:
- Once cake has sat in the fridge overnight make the cream cheese topping.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whip together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add remaining topping ingredients and mix until fluffy, about 4 - 5 minutes. Spread evenly over top of cheesecake then chill cheesecake in freezer for 20 - 30 minutes. Sprinkle top with chopped pecans, if desired.
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight (8) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.