You guys I have a delicious recipe to share with you today!
I made this a while ago, but am so excited to finally share it with you because it may be one of my favorite recipes.
I love Thai curry and especially love red curry made with coconut milk. So creamy, so spicy, and so delicious. As you know, my household loves risotto of all kinds and we love to play around with different flavors to mix-up our dinner! We have made all types from Creamy Tomato Basil, Chicken Piccata, and Eggs Benedict. This time I decided to make a risotto using my favorite flavors- shrimp coconut red curry. I used flavors from spicy red curry paste, coconut milk, chicken stock, basil, and garlic and the smells while is cooked were incredible. I opted to top mine with a few grilled shrimp, but you could use grilled chicken or another protein option (extra veggies even?)- or just have it plain.
My family and I loved this recipe, and I was thrilled when Kellen inhaled his portion. He was not into trying the shrimp (I am working on seafood with him), but loved the rice and veggies. Kellen’s favorite veggies are tomatoes and green beans, and I sure you can imagine his delight to find a lots in his dish. This warmed nicely for lunch the next day and felt like eating delicious Thai leftovers. I can’t wait to make this one again!
Red Curry Risotto with Grilled Shrimp
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ¼ cups Arborio rice
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 13.66 oz can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- ¾ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup green beans cut into 1 ½ - 2 inch pieces
- ½ cup asparagus cut into 1 ½ - 2 inch pieces
- 1 ½ cup fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 16 cleaned jumbo shrimp
- Wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Skewer about 6 shrimp (through top and tail), onto each skewer, without leaving space between shrimp. Brush lightly with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place stock in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer (do not boil). Keep warm over low-medium heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onions; cook 1-2 minutes and add garlic. Stir in rice, and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Increase heat to medium and add stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of stock is absorbed before adding the next. With the last portion of stock stir in the coconut milk and curry paste. Stir well and add tomatoes, green beans, asparagus, spinach, and basil. Gently stir, season with salt (if desired) and remove from heat. Cover to allow veggies to seam as you grill the shrimp.
- Grilled shrimp on prepared grill 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and remove shrimp from skewer (if desired). Serve risotto and top with grilled shrimp.
Tried this recipe? I'd love to see it! Mention @CheeseCurdInParadise or tag #cheesecurdinparadise on Instagram!
Leave a Reply