Taco Rice Bake
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 15 oz can ranch style beans
- 10 oz canned diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1.25 oz packet of taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Tomatoes, olives, sour cream and chopped cilantro, for topping
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add rice. Cover and remove from heat. Let rice sit for 5 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
While rice is cooking, cook beef and onions in a large skillet and drain grease when meat completely cooked.
Add beans, tomatoes, soup, taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water. Stir and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Add cooked rice and 1 cup cheddar cheese to the beef. Spread beef and rice into the baking dish. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, plate and top with desired taco toppings.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken