Chocolate Loaf Cake is studded with mini-chocolate chips and uses sour cream to make a moist and delicious quick cake that everyone will love.
This Chocolate Loaf Cake is fantastic, and so easy to prepare. Do you get tired of baking and using lots of bowls?
This recipe uses two bowls and makes for easy clean up!
This cake is similar to a quick bread recipe, but the texture is similar to a delicious chocolate cake.
I love the the sour cream because it adds a rich dense quality to the cake. Baking with sour cream is highly underrated because it makes gives an amazing texture and moist quality to the cake.
I also like to use mini chocolate chips in this cake because I like how they melt right into the batter. However, regular chocolate chips work great too.
My family loved this cake, and we enjoyed it for dessert with big glasses of cold milk. Isn't there something perfect about a slice of cake and a glass of milk?
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- large eggs
- vegetable oil
- sour cream
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9in x 5in loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray . Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, sour cream, and vanilla.
Add wet ingredient to dry and mix till just combined with paddle attachment. The batter can be mixed by hand or with a hand-mixer. Add ¾ cup chocolate chips and stir gently till combined.
Pour in to the loaf pan and spread evenly. Top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake 60 minutes. Cool and remove from loaf pan. Slice and serve
CHECK OUT MORE DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE RECIPES!
If you’ve tried Chocolate Loaf Cake or any other recipe on Cheese Curd In Paradise please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
Chocolate Loaf Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9in x 5in loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray . Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredient to dry and mix until just combined with paddle attachment. The batter can also be mixed by hand or with a hand-mixer. Add ¾ cup chocolate chips and stir gently till combined.
- Pour in to the loaf pan and spread evenly. Top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake 60 minutes. Cool and remove from loaf pan. Slice and serve.
Easy Chocolate Recipes
- Chocolate Loaf Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Chocolate Nut Clusters by Art of Natural Living
- Double Chocolate Rye Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Duff's "The Brownie" by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Easy Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies by Blogghetti
- Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Tart by That Recipe
- Lunch Lady Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars by Family Around the Table
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars by Making Miracles
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Chocolate Cups by Sweet Beginnings
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse by Veggies First Then Dessert
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.
Originally published in 2015, and updated in 2020 for reader enhancement and enjoyment.