Chocolate Loaf Cake is studded with mini-chocolate chips and uses sour cream to make a moist and delicious quick cake that everyone will love.
This Chocolate Loaf Cake is fantastic, and so easy to prepare. Do you get tired of baking and using lots of bowls?
This recipe uses two bowls and makes for easy clean up!
This cake is similar to a quick bread recipe, but the texture is similar to a delicious chocolate cake.
I love the the sour cream because it adds a rich dense quality to the cake. Baking with sour cream is highly underrated because it makes gives an amazing texture and moist quality to the cake.
I also like to use mini chocolate chips in this cake because I like how they melt right into the batter. However, regular chocolate chips work great too.
My family loved this cake, and we enjoyed it for dessert with big glasses of cold milk. Isn't there something perfect about a slice of cake and a glass of milk?
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- large eggs
- vegetable oil
- sour cream
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9in x 5in loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray . Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, sour cream, and vanilla.
Add wet ingredient to dry and mix till just combined with paddle attachment. The batter can be mixed by hand or with a hand-mixer. Add ¾ cup chocolate chips and stir gently till combined.
Pour in to the loaf pan and spread evenly. Top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake 60 minutes. Cool and remove from loaf pan. Slice and serve
CHECK OUT MORE DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE RECIPES!
CHOCOLATE SALTINE CRACKER TOFFEE
SLOW COOKER CHOCOLATE PEANUT CANDY
If you’ve tried Chocolate Loaf Cake or any other recipe on Cheese Curd In Paradise please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
Chocolate Loaf Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9in x 5in loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray . Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredient to dry and mix until just combined with paddle attachment. The batter can also be mixed by hand or with a hand-mixer. Add ¾ cup chocolate chips and stir gently till combined.
- Pour in to the loaf pan and spread evenly. Top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake 60 minutes. Cool and remove from loaf pan. Slice and serve.
Easy Chocolate Recipes
- Chocolate Loaf Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Chocolate Nut Clusters by Art of Natural Living
- Double Chocolate Rye Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Duff's "The Brownie" by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Easy Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies by Blogghetti
- Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Tart by That Recipe
- Lunch Lady Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars by Family Around the Table
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars by Making Miracles
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Chocolate Cups by Sweet Beginnings
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse by Veggies First Then Dessert
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, follow our Pinterest board, too!
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.
Originally published in 2015, and updated in 2020 for reader enhancement and enjoyment.
There IS something about a piece of chocolate cake and a big glass of milk. The perfect ending to a dinner or the perfect start to a day.
OMG - whaaaaat? I love quickbreads, and never thought to make a chocolate one!
Chocolate is my weakness and this cake certainly wouldn't last long in my house either! I love the addition of the sour cream since it always seems to make the breads richer. Can't wait to make this one!
I rarely make cakes and now I have no excuses...this one is perfect for us!
I'm with you, nothing better than a cold glass of milk and a piece of cake, especially chocolate cake! Your cake turned out looking so rich and chocolaty.
I often use sour cream in my loaf cakes too. Love the additional chocolate chips in this decadent loaf!
This would disappear in a day with the chocoholics in my house. YUM!
This looks the most decadent, rich chocolatey bread / cake! I want a thick slice right now... I better get baking!
Inger @ Art of Natural Liivng
Like a quick bread , but chocolate! Genius! (And I'm with you on the milk)
mmmm I love adding sour cream or greek yogurt to make moist cakes. I don't remember the last time I made a chocolate loaf.
Amy (Savory Moments)
This looks so chocolaty and moist and super delicious!! It would disappear so fast in our house!
Can I turn this into mini loaves? If so what would I need to set the oven on and how long to bake?
I have not made it that way before, but I am sure you can. I would cut the baking time in half. You might need to add a little more and adjust as you go.
can you leave the chips out cuz I don't have mini ones
absolutely! You can use regular sized chips too.