Chai Spiced Banana Bread is a delicious twist on a classic recipe. Cinnamon, coriander, ginger, and all spice elevate an all-time favorite quick bread. Perfect for a snack or a quick breakfast!
Tis the season for quick breads! I am such a fan, and we always have one in the house during the fall and winter months. Whatever your pleasure: banana, apple, cinnamon, zucchini, chocolate, cranberry....there is no bad flavor! I love to make a loaf for the week for snacking, a lunch treat for the boys or myself, or a quick breakfast as we run out of the house for school and work. There is something about how incredible the house smells when bread is baking that makes everything feel cozy. Quick breads are also amazing because there is no covering or rising- just a quick prep and typically around an hour to bake.
This is a recipe for my favorite banana bread, but with a twist! I used my tied and true banana bread base, but changed up my seasoning to include chai spices. Typically, chia includes cinnamon, cardamon, ginger, and all spice. It smells incredible, and adds a delicious light spice to the bread.
Check out these delicious quick bread recipes!
Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- Caramel Apple Bread by The Freshman Cook
- Chai Spiced Banana Bread by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Kalamata Olive and Oregano Mini Loaves by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Louisiana Bacon Pecan Bread by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Spiced Apple Quick Bread by Art of Natural Living
- Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Quick Bread by Simply Inspired Meals
- Tropical Mango Banana Bread by That Recipe
- Zucchini Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
What do you need to make Chai Spiced Banana Bread?
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder & baking soda
- Cinnamon, Cardmon, Ginger, and All Spice for chai spice
- Vegetable oil
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Bananas- ripe!
- Sour Cream
- Bread loaf pan
- Hand mixer or a stand mixer
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I sub for the oil?
I would use ¼ cup apple sauce and ¼ cup melted butter
Does the chai spice have a strong flavor?
I do not think so. I can taste it, but it is not over powering in this recipe. If you are concerned you can reduce each spice by half.
How can I store this bread?
I typically wrap it in plastic wrap and store it in a sealable bag. You can also wrap is with plastic wrap, place it in a sealable bag, and store it in the freezer.
Can this bread be made into muffins?
Sure! This recipe makes about a dozen muffins. The size of the bananas used can impact the number of muffins it produces.
Looking for more delicious quick breads?!
Chai Spiced Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cardamon
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ tsp all spice
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cardamon, cinnamon, ginger, and all spice. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix oil and sugars together until combines with an electric or stand mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Add the bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat till combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until it is just combined.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes. Test the middle of the bread with a toothpick. No raw batter should remain when the pick is removed. Remove from oven, cool, and serve.
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.