Apple Cider Old Fashion is a twist on an supper club favorite. Brandy, Brown Sugar, Bitters, and Fresh Apple Cider make an delicious and unique fall drink.
I am a Wisconsin girl and love an Old Fashion. In Wisconsin, there is a tradition of a Friday night fish fry and an Old Fashion.
What is an Old Fashion???
There are different ways to take a Wisconsin Old Fashion: Brandy, Whisky, Bourbon? Sweet, Sour, Press? Olives or Cherries? Muddled? So many questions, and everyone has a favorite. My request is, brandy Old Fashion sour with olives. I also love a muddled Old Fashion which is when the bartender muddles sugar, cherry, and an orange wedge in the bottom of the glass. However, non-muddled are still delicious- all are a Wisconsin tradition!
This version of an Old Fashion is a little different. I use apple cider in place of a soda, and a little brown sugar. This drink uses a little bitters, and I opt for brandy for my cocktail. I use a little gadget like this one to make ice balls for this drink, but cubed and crushed ice works just fine. You can use whiskey or bourbon is you prefer it over brandy as well. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and an apple wedge, and you have a new fall drink!
Check out more delicious fall apple recipe from a few of my friends!
Fall Apple Recipess
- Apple Cider Old Fashion by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Apple Coffee Cake by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Apple-Stuffed Delicata Squash by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Pork Chops and Apples by That Recipe
- Easy Apple Buns by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Glazed Apple Pie Bars by Art of Natural Living
- Pork and Apple Kebabs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sourdough Apple Bread by Karen's Kitchen Stories
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings?
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
What do you need to make an Apple Cider Old Fashion?
Drinking these bring me into fall, and I love the smell of the drink as I sip it. I love the fresh apple cider mixed with the smells from cinnamon and boozy brandy.
Looking for more delicious apple recipes?!
Apple Cider Old Fashion
- ½ teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 oz brandy
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- ⅔ cup apple cider
- slices of apples
- cinnamon sticks
- In a glass, add brown sugar and brandy. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add ½ cup crushed or cubed ice.
- Add bitters and apple cider.
- Garnish with an apple slice and cinnamon stick.
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.