We had the most incredible rain storm last night! I think we had over 4-inches of rain in just over an hour. There was lots of flooding, building down, debris, and power outages. It was a little unexpected because there wasn’t a lot of notice that it was going to storm. We were at a birthday dinner for our friends and got back just in time to grab the umbrella from outside. I should have brought the chairs in because they were strewn all over the place after the storm was over. I was a little worried because Rowan and Ron were at swim class, and hadn’t returned when the storm started. They finally pulled in the driveway, drenched, and the water in the parking lot at swim was just around shin level when they finally made a run for the car. There were parts of town that water was up to the top of people's cars. I know that is not as significant as the flooding in the southcoast area, but for us it is significant and it made me feel thankful that we didn't have any property damage.
The giveaway to win an Instant Pot is still live! Please click here to get more details and to enter! Today is the last day, and I hope you have enjoyed the different Instant Pot recipes! I love being able to use this platform to provide helpful content, and I hope one of my readers is the winner!
Van Able's Green Beans
- 2 (14.5) oz cans cut green beans, drained
- 5 strips of bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup diced white onions
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ cup mayo
- In a rimmed skillet, saute bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet and reserve dripping in the pan.
- Add onion and saute till tender. While onions cook, whisk together the mayo, vinegar, and sugar, and set aside.
- Add green beans and bacon back to pan and remove from heat. Add the sauce to the pan. Gently toss the green beans in the sauce till they are coated and warm. Serve immediately.