Today I am sharing a perfect cold weather meal, Southwest Chicken Spaghetti. This meal is really easy and my little guy loved it. The recipe is weeknight easy and can be made n advance only leaving you to top with the onion topping and get in the oven. I adjusted the amounts of some of the ingredients from the original and used ground chicken instead of pieces of chicken. Sometimes I do not like how chicken reheats and like the ground chicken in some casseroles. The crunchy onions are the cherry on top and I usually have to fight Ron and Kellen off before they eat them all off the top of the casserole- sneaky boys!
Southwest Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- 1 lb thin spaghetti uncooked
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 (10.75) oz Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 oz can Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 2.8 oz French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- While pasta cooks, cook the ground chicken until completely cooked and no longer pink.
- Mix together chicken, soup, sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, Rotel tomatoes (undrained), ½ cup cheese. Add cooked pasta. Spread into prepared baking dish.
- Top pasta with remaining cheese and French fried onions.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbly.
Adapted From Plain Chicken
Tried this recipe? I'd love to see it! Mention @CheeseCurdInParadise or tag #cheesecurdinparadise on Instagram!
this sounds delicious!
Click here for your deliverance
I’m definitely craving this now. Looks so good! Sounds like an easy weeknight dinner. Can’t wait to try it. Too bad you can’t eat through your computer.
hii... i read your post. and i am following you. you can visit my new blog. i will be happy 🙂 thanks..