Another year and another awesome slow cooker recipe.
I have many times professed my love for slow cookers and crockpots. They routinely save my family from weeknight take out and we get to come home to a hot and ready meal. In the past I have heard the complaint of slow cookers drying out food and I think it is important to note that not all slow cooker recipes can sit and cook for 10 hours. I have a few great roast recipes that can take that amount of time, but I find many need 6-8 hours on low to be perfect.
This recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Curry cooks perfectly in about 6 hours and makes a wonderful weeknight meal. When I saw the recipe it was a must try for me: easy to put together and easy to get on the table. This recipe calls for cream cheese at the end to create a creamy curry and I followed their recommendation, but am intrigued on the idea of using a can of coconut milk next time! Yum! I opted to use a spicy salsa, but the nice thing about this recipe is you have a lot of control over the heat level depending on who is sharing the meal with you.
5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups thick and chunky salsa spice level of choice
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 ½ tbsps yellow curry powder
- ½ cup cream cheese
- Salt to taste
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- Mix together salsa, onion, and curry powder. Pour over chicken and stir to coat.
- Cook on LOW 6-7 hours.
- During final 15 minutes, remove chicken and stir in cream cheese till smooth. Season with salt. Shred chicken into small to medium pieces. Place chicken back in the slow cooker and stir. Cook for an additional for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with rice.
Adapted from Frugal Mom, Eh!
Tried this recipe? I'd love to see it! Mention @CheeseCurdInParadise or tag #cheesecurdinparadise on Instagram!
Leave a Reply