This has been one of those weeks that was done before I knew it. I was at our cottage with my boys, Mom, Sister, nephew, and friends and we had a lovely week. However, I didn't get to share as much as I would have liked with you guys, but sometimes that is the way of things in the summer.
Our bathroom project went perfectly, and if you follow me on Instagram you can see the lovely before and after pictures: Pod and post-Pod shower. To say that I am thrilled about the update is an understatement.
The recipe I am sharing with you today is a favorite of mine because it is so simple and ready in 30 minutes. I love citrus flavors with seafood, and traditional lemon will always be a favorite for me. Scampi is buttery, but fresh due to the citrus with a little zing in your mouth from the garlic. My boys have recently started liking shrimp, and this is a good recipe to ease them into the world of seafood because of the familiar lemon, garlic, and butter flavors.
For this recipe, I do a quick marinate on my shrimp and then toss them into a hot pan. The shrimp cook very quickly, and it is best to use a larger shrimp because it makes the flipping process a little easier. I like to finish the shrimp in the oven with a few lemon rounds and serve it immediately it comes sizzling from the oven because shrimp can overcook quickly. I normally serve this dish with a salad, or crusty bread, but I recently enjoyed with with penne pasta tossed with a little fresh pesto and Parmesan cheese.
Skillet Shrimp Scampi
- 1 ½ LB raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Juice from 2 fresh lemons, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 TBL butter
- Chopped parsley and lemon rounds, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, lemon zest, juice of 1 lemon, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Allow shrimp to marinate for 15-20 minutes in the fridge.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Oven safe skillet, heat over medium high heat. Once butter had melted, add juice of a lemon. Add the shrimp in one flat layer to skillet.
- Cook about one minute per side. Flip shrimp and move to oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with chopped parsley and lemon rounds if desire. Serve immediately.