Oreo Fudge Ice Cream Pie has creamy vanilla ice cream mixed with crushed Oreo and a layer of rich fudge. Topped with more Oreo, whipped cream, and chocolate sprinkles and an delicious chocolaty dessert.
I have a treat for you today! Like a REAL treat. A prep in 10 minutes treat. A treat with oreos and fudge. Today happens to be National Ice Cream Pie Day, and I just can't turn away from celebrating!
This pie is so simple to put together and the flavors are delicious. I use a pre-made Oreo crust to make things simple and quick, rich and thick jarred fudge topping, mounds of creamy vanilla ice cream, and as many Oreos as I can cram in! In my opinion, the best part of this pie is the ooey gooey layer of fudge on the bottom- it makes the pie so chocolaty and rich.
I know I said that I was on the back to school wagon, and I know you are thinking- ice cream pie = summer. This pie is perfect to cool down during the dog days of summer. However, this pie is great to make in advance and pull from the freezer to celebrate a successful first day of school! I know that I love to create food transitions with my kids- we just enjoyed corn dogs at the fair since the fair is in town, and we love to get our "fair eats" on! We also enjoyed cheese curds (duh, Wisconsin!), and cheese fries- so delicious. My other fair food tradition is a big cup of the fresh lemonade. I missed the giant pickles, but I think we are going to head back today for a bit and I will go pickle hunting.
I am not alone in my ice cream pie love- check out these awesome recipe from a few of my blogging friends!
Ice Cream Pie Day
- Banana Split Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cap'N Crunch Ice Cream Pie by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Coffee Fudge Ice Cream Pie by Art of Natural Living
- Oatmeal Cookie Pie with Fudge Sauce by That Recipe
- Oreo Frudge Ice Cream Pie by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie by Our Good Life
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
What do you need to make Oreo Fudge Ice Cream Pie?
- Oreo pie crust
- Oreo cookies
- Vanilla ice cream
- Jarred hot fudge
- Whipped cream
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure! Just cut the amount of crushed Oreo in half.
How can I store the pie?
Simple cover and store in the freezer.
Where can I find an Oreo pie crust?
I find mine at my local grocery store, but they are sold at other large retainers as well.
Can I add other mix-in to my ice cream filling?
Oh yes! I love to add mini chocolate chips or m&ms!
How long does it take for my pie to set in the freezer?
I recommend about 4-5 hours.
Oreo Fudge Ice Cream Pie
- 1 ½ qt vanilla ice cream
- 20 Oreo, crushed
- 8 in Oreo pie crust
- ⅔ cup jarred fudge
- Whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles, for topping
- Let the ice cream sit on the counter to soften for about 10 minutes.
- Stir ½ the amount of crushed Oreo into the ice cream. Stir the cookies into the ice cream. Place remaining Oreo in a bag or bowl, and set aside to use later for topping.
- In the pie crust, spread an even layer of the fudge in the bottom of the crust.
- Next, spread the ice cream into the pie crust and smooth the top. Place in the freezer and freeze for 4-5 hours.
- Remove pie from freezer and top with remaining cookies. Pipe whipped cream along the edge and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles. Serve. Store pie, covered, in the freeze.
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.