Today is the final day of #CookoutWeek! I have had a blast, and am already excited for next year. I hope you have enjoyed this week as much as me!
A final big thanks to Pintertest Kitchen for putting this together! Click here to read more about #CookoutWeek and our killer giveaway (grill, mixer, delicious products- even duck!).
The final recipe I am sharing is Grilled BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs. Oh. My. There are amazing. I love the combination of pineapple and BBQ. Add in the smokey char from the grilled chicken, and this is one delicious meal. You may be wondering about the mayo and spice coating I do on my chicken. I have found that the light coating of mayo and spices creates the most delicious, juicy, and flavorful chicken. I sometimes get a strange look about this, but trust me and try it with your grilled chicken. It makes a big difference and is soooooooooooooo good. As far as BBQ goes I would choose your current favorite sauce. I have really been liking Stubb’s original BBQ sauce. It is not very sweet. For sweet BBQ, I will often use Sweet Baby Ray’s, but pick your favorite!
Big thanks, again, to everyone who participated in #CookoutWeek! Today is another hot one in Wisconsin, and I am hoping that we can make a stop at the pool to cool off!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Grilled BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs
Servings 8 Kabobs
- 1-1 1/4 lb chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 pepper
- 1/4 lb garlic powder
- 1/4 lb onion powder
- 1 1/2 Tbl mayo
- 1 cored pineapple, quartered lengthwise and halved
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- Soak wooden kabob skewers for about an hour before you need to cook the chicken.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayo with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Allow chicken to rest in the fridge, covered, for about 20 minutes.
- On the skewers, place two pieces of chicken, then a piece of pineapple. Repeat so each skewer has 4 chicken sections and three pieces of pineapple.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Grill each kabob 3 to 4 minutes per side. The internal chicken temperature should reach 165 degrees. During the final flip, brush each side of the kabob with BBQ sauce.