This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent products by sponsor companies but, as always, opinions are 100% mine.
Drumstick Layered Dessert is an ice cream cake inspired by the forever favorite, Drumstick. Crushed sugar cone, chocolate, vanilla ice cream, magic shell, and chopped peanuts make one delicious cake!
Today is my last post for Summer Desserts Week, and I have to tell you how much I loved it! Doing these events is fun because I get a chance to meet so many other bloggers, create fun and delicious recipes, connect with companies I love, and of course interact with you. Thank you for stopping by and being part of my community because you make this such a fun thing to do!
Speaking of sponsors- I want to thank Anolon for giving me the fantastic springform 9-inch pan used for this recipe!
This recipe is a lot of fun! I love Drumsticks, and they are one of my go-to frozen treats. I decided to make a layered dessert because who does not love ice cream cake!?
This dessert has a crust made from crushed sugar cones, a layer of chocolate (just like you find at the bottom of the Drumstick cone), creamy vanilla ice cream, and a magic shell topping with a sprinkling of nuts. The recipe has a few steps, but all manageable, and pretty quick. I love the creaminess of this dessert, and that it has all my favorite features of a Drumstick transformed into a cake!
What Do You Need To Get Started:
- 9-inch Springform pan, like mine from Anolon
- Sugar Cones
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Magic Shell Topping
- Chopped Peanuts
Frequently Asked Questions:
I don’t have a springform- what can I use?
You can use a regular pie dish, but line it with parchment paper if you plan to remove the cake.
Can I use graham crackers for the crush?
Yes, but you will miss that sugar cone flavor
Can I use a different type of ice cream?
Sure! Vanilla is traditional for drumsticks, but any flavor will work.
My spring form is leaking- what do I do?
Make sure the bottom is wrapped well in foil in the even of leaking.
How long is the ice cream good for?
I would say, covered, a few weeks. Uncovered will allow for freezer burn.
Follow me on Twitter for more delicious happenings!
Are you following me yet? What are you waiting for?
- Mermaid Pineapple Rum Dum from Big Bear’s Wife
- Pineapple Coconut Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Ice Cream Torte with Crunchy Crumby Center from Family Around the Table
- Drumstick Layered Dessert from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mermaid Milkshakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mojito Popsicles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Fried Ice Cream Cake from Cookaholic Wife
- Unicorn Milkshake from For The Love of Food
- Banana Cream Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mojio Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Pina Colada Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemonade Cupcakes from The Domestic Kitchen
- Summer Sangria Cake from A Blender Mom
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Cupcakes from Doughmesstic
- Sunflower Cupcakes from Home Sweet Homestead
- Easy Pina Colada Poke Cake from Love and Confections
- Classic Vanilla Cupcakes + Summer Cupcake Decorating from Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Everyday Eileen
- Almond Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Million Dollar Bar Pies from Fake Ginger
- Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Eat Move Make
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake from Cooking With Carlee
- S’mores Cheesecake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Cheesecake Shortbread Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Drumstick Babka from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Raspberry Lemon Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
- Peach Streusel Crumb Bars from Blogghetti
- White Tea Peach Panna Cotta from Palatable Pastime
- Homemade Strawberry Swirl Marshmallow from My Sweet Zepol
- Blueberry Lemonade Lollipops from Our Good Life
Have you tried this recipe??
I’d love to hear from you in a comment or tag me using #CheeseCurdInParadise.
Drumstick Layered Dessert
- 8 sugar cones
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 qts vanilla ice cream
- 7 1/4 oz magic shell topping
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
Sugar Cone Crust:
Place sugar cones in a food processor and grind. Drizzle in the melted together and stop processor when combined.
Press cone shell into the 9-inch spring form and set aside.
For Chocolate Layer:
Place heavy cream in a microwave safe measuring cup. Microwave in 30 second intervals to scald the cream (to almost bring to a boil).
Place chocolate chips into a bowl and pour scalded cream over the chocolate. Whisk till smooth.
Pour chocolate into the pie crust and smooth it into an even layer. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set. At this time, remove ice cream from the freezer so it begins to soften.
For Ice Cream Layer:
Cover the bottom of the springform with foil in the event there is any leaking.
Once ice cream is spreadable and chocolate is set, scoop ice cream into the pan. Use a spatula to make an even ice cream layer.
For Magic Shell and Peanuts:
Pour the magic over the ice cream layer. You will want to work quickly because the shell will set very quickly. While shell is still wet sprinkle peanut over the top.
Cover and set in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
PRIZE #5Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan a Rafflecopter giveaway Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Cheese Curd In Paradise uses affiliate links. These links are at no additional cost to the reader and/or user. However, Cheese Curd In Paradise will make commission is you click the link AND make a purchase.